Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 02:53 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,396,531 times

Advertisements

Some time ago, the "Gilmore Girls" page on Facebook started showing up under my "Likes". I have repeatedly unliked, unfollowed and blocked this page. Yet, two or three weeks later, there it is.....back under my "Likes".

I have reported the page to Facebook for harassment and have repeatedly reported it under "Report a Problem".

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to stop this page from repeatedly putting itself under my "Likes"? I don't get it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 05:56 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Sure Jim, we believe you.

Not sure why that would happen, but you can try clearing your FB search. Click on the magnifying glass at top left, choose Edit, clear searches.

Old 09-27-2021, 05:58 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,396,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Sure Jim, we believe you.

Not sure why that would happen, but you can try clearing your FB search. Click on the magnifying glass at top left, choose Edit, clear searches.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Another forum clown added to my blocked list.

Old 09-27-2021, 12:58 PM

If you're so certain why did you ask?

Old 09-28-2021, 04:34 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
This is the stuff of nightmares. You're going to have to deactivate your account, it's the only way out!

I had this happen with a couple pages I used to like. There is no fix. The Gilmore Girls will haunt you forever.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:27 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Another forum clown added to my blocked list.
1. There is no "blocked list" on City-Data.

2. You are now on my personal "ignore list" for SURE with that kind of attitude. Not the first time I see this and I'm sure it will not be the last.

"Be polite" should be the norm, not the other way around.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:38 AM

16,541 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
"Be polite" should be the norm, not the other way around.
My god, right?

"Sure Jim, We believe you" With a <---- Really Jim?
I can only assume you don't realize flamadiddle was trying to be funny.
Please tell me that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D21
This is the stuff of nightmares. You're going to have to deactivate your account, it's the only way out!
I had this happen with a couple pages I used to like. There is no fix. The Gilmore Girls will haunt you forever.
Watch out D! You might be the next ''clown" blocked by the Clown Slayer.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:06 AM

yeah, no hard feelings. Sometimes the true meaning of a post gets lost in the text. It's the same type of thing I'd say to my friends.

Sure man, we believe you. As in, we know you were secretly looking up and following the Gilmore Girls and are now trying to erase your tracks. Anyway, in this day and age I guess some are wound too tight or Jumping Jimmy took it as an insult, which it wasn't. It was just a friendly jab.

Cheers

Old 10-04-2021, 12:48 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,672,308 times
And it was funny. Found the closeted Gilmour Girls fan!
Hey I get it. Marissa Tomei has always been one of my favorites.
(That was the show she started on, right?)

Old 02-09-2024, 11:18 AM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Hello, I am not computer savvy at all, but I think I am having the same problem that Jim above is having. Under my profile likes, there are a few listed that I haven’t liked. However when my son’s fiancés daughters come over, sometimes they will use my Apple tablet. I would like step by step instructions on how to delete these likes and how to make them not show up at all in the future. Same with groups I follow.

Also, my phone number is listed but it is available only to my family and friends, but still I want that deleted too. I tried to delete that, but was unsuccessful. Thank you.

P.S. I also tried to delete the likes, but was unsuccessful with that too.

Last edited by Iluvbeagles; 02-09-2024 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Added something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet