Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 09:41 AM

8,373 posts, read 13,525,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
When you "intentional" click close tab, but "actually" click close other tabs, you get the popup warning message that wants you to verify that you want to close all those tabs. This warning message tells you how many tabs are open.

I immediately change the settings to get rid of that message but to your claim, you are saying she was actively doing that to knew how many tabs she had open before it crashed? Really?

That sounds just as ridiculous as the news itself. To me, even if this is true, it is a shining and shameful example of 1st World Problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 02:02 AM

20,826 posts, read 4,535,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I immediately change the settings to get rid of that message but to your claim, you are saying she was actively doing that to knew how many tabs she had open before it crashed? Really?

That sounds just as ridiculous as the news itself. To me, even if this is true, it is a shining and shameful example of 1st World Problems.

No, I was just answering the the question in this post here:

Quote:
All the technical freaks probably has the same questions:
How could the system handle that much memory load?
How could browser handle the load?

The real question no one is asking: How the hell did the user even know or count how many tabs they had open?
Tabs couldn't look much different than a series of "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" at that point!

Sounds like BS news to me...

If that's what the person did to lose all the tabs IDNK.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:04 PM

8,373 posts, read 13,525,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
No, I was just answering the the question in this post here:

If that's what the person did to lose all the tabs IDNK.
Didn't really address my question though because I asked:

How would someone know how many tabs they had open (after it had already crashed)?

Some random home user was actually actively checking the number of tabs they had open on a daily or weekly basis just so they could whine about it if they lost it somehow?

Not even my very drunk self would find this scenario plausible.

Old Today, 04:47 AM

15,459 posts, read 25,900,093 times
Quote:
Didn't really address my question though because I asked:

How would someone know how many tabs they had open (after it had already crashed)?

Some random home user was actually actively checking the number of tabs they had open on a daily or weekly basis just so they could whine about it if they lost it somehow?

Not even my very drunk self would find this scenario plausible.
I don’t remember if they were using Windows or Mac, but on my Mac, Safari has a button to show all tabs. When I click it, it tells me how many tabs are open. I didn’t even think to check other browsers yet. I may do that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet