Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 11:29 AM

66 posts, read 179,773 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My family and I are moving to the Jackson area in a couple months (from Texas). I have two questions really - are their benefits to living in either Brandon versus Flowood? As well, what are the better or safer neighborhoods in each? We would just like some local input. Our children our grown so schools do not need to be taken into consideration. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,110,528 times
I would say these are very close. Really in practice it's all one big area. The main difference is that Brandon is an actual real town, with its own modest, little downtown area, historic homes, etc, whereas the Flowood area (more commonly referred to as "the Reservoir area", is entirely new subdivisions and businesses built in the past 20 or 30 years. However, Brandon has a lot of new areas also.

Flowood is a bit closer to Northeast Jackson and Madison County, which is where a lot of shopping and various institutions are located.

There is a big area that runs basically between Flowood and Brandon (e.g. along Hwy 471 and along Grants Ferry Rd) which is heavily wooded and filled with new residential areas, and thus effectively it functions as one big area, by and large.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,886 times
You want to live in the rez brandon area. Any neighborhood connected to Old fannin road or spillway ( minus bellgrove).
Old fannin connects flowood with the rez brandon they are all one in the same. If you look on a map and see lakeland drive and spillway rd thats the rez brandon and flowood. few miles separates each area. The previous reply was talking about the city of brandon which is on hwy 80 but the new connections to that area make it a quick ride over but no reason to go there because no real development.

long story short when someone mentions brandon we say "which one" old brandon or rez brandon

If you have the cash buy a house on the water and get a pontoon boat and enjoy life on the rez. Welcome.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Brandon is a very nice town. It is safe and has a pleasant pace. I once thought about having a residence there. Pearl is also nice and closer to the city, however, I like Brandon best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson