Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:28 PM

3,729 posts, read 5,807,841 times

Advertisements

Well I watched it (Kenneth Stokes holds press conference on police remarks), and it was GREAT! Nobody exemplifies the City of Jackson in quite the way that does The Great Kenneth Stokes.

And frankly, I agree with him that the police chases have gotten out-of-hand.

Anyway, in addition to calling Sheriff Cutie - I mean Sheriff Bailey - a "stupid bastard". Kenneth the Great came up with a new name for him, around 34:50, 'HUNKABERRY'.

Rankin County's Sherrif is cute as a button on a bug: nice face, and his hair is just right. (Stokes' comments anger officials, law enforcement) . So, I can see how Kenneth's Freudian slip came about.

Sheriff Randy Tucker, of Madison County, earlier challenged Stokes with a statement like, "I'm your huckleberry". And it must have just been a little too titillating for some people to stand. I know females across the metro must be thinking, "Oh, if only you were my huckleberry, you luscious sheriff, you..". (Tucker is every bit as hunky as Bailey: a uniform fetishist's dream. Here, you can compare the two:http://socialsouthmag.com/wp-content/uploads/pic-5.jpg ) And maybe Kennuff was thinking the same thing. Anyway, he seems to have remembered the 'Huckleberry Challenge' as coming from Bailey, and misremembered it as 'HUNKABERRY HOUND'.

That was one FINE press conference, with some pugnacious reporters snapping at Stokes, like Crocodiles going after an enraged hippo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:03 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,574,612 times
Hello to all posters from Jackson!!!

I saw this guy on news and checked it out on youtube.

I mean is this guy a major troll or for real

Look at some of his "fine moments".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-aL2Ruc0ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDsruFa38uY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHOWC44cWbM

And calls Sheriff and other ranking officers "dumb".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywBplvd9GOs

I think he had a point about police chasing these thiefs with high speed and disturbing residents but he totally blew it

How come he is supported by community??

Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,706,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Hello to all posters from Jackson!!!

I saw this guy on news and checked it out on youtube.

I mean is this guy a major troll or for real

Look at some of his "fine moments".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-aL2Ruc0ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDsruFa38uY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHOWC44cWbM

And calls Sheriff and other ranking officers "dumb".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywBplvd9GOs

I think he had a point about police chasing these thiefs with high speed and disturbing residents but he totally blew it

How come he is supported by community??

As madison stated earlier in this thread: "Majority of the voters are poor and very stupid". I know some may be offended by that but it appears to be true. In general, the elected official is a good representation of the constituents that he/she represents. As shocking as some of his quotes may sound, I imagine they represent the views of a decent percentage of his district. Even marginally intelligent voters would have gotten rid of this guy long ago.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:33 PM

27 posts, read 34,814 times
J. Thomas, I understand your bewilderment. As a Jackson resident, I'll clarify that he represents only one Ward out of Jackson's seven. Like Jardine mentioned, that Ward (Ward 3) is impoverished, suffers from a lack of education, and feels marginalized. Hence, their tendency to vote for Stokes to "protect" their interests.

Inside the city limits but outside his Ward, Stokes is a joke just like he is outside the city limits. By "voters," we mean Ward 3 voters.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:22 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,347,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckytown123 View Post
J. Thomas, I understand your bewilderment. As a Jackson resident, I'll clarify that he represents only one Ward out of Jackson's seven. Like Jardine mentioned, that Ward (Ward 3) is impoverished, suffers from a lack of education, and feels marginalized. Hence, their tendency to vote for Stokes to "protect" their interests.

Inside the city limits but outside his Ward, Stokes is a joke just like he is outside the city limits. By "voters," we mean Ward 3 voters.

When you stated that the ward 'suffers from a lack of education'; are you meaning that there are no schools and teachers in that ward. Or perhaps you are inferring that they do exist but are not fulfilling their mission, in which case I would wonder why this joker isn't spending all of his time on getting the education issue under control. Either way, I realize that does not guaranty students will show up and actually study. (available parents have something to do with that. yes) Perhaps he is the last to want the children of his constituents to become educated.

At any rate there are laws from the top to the bottom of our country's government structure that stress education, and I see no one marching in the street for their children's education. (funny, this did happen in the '50s and '60s, but only one or two generations took advantage of the huge opportunity that was created and then 'it is no longer cool to go to school') Perhaps it is the Stokes of this country that prevent such. Ignorance is a blessing for many, but such a curse for our society.

Last edited by preguntas; 01-04-2016 at 06:30 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,396,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
He's an embarrassment to the city of Jackson.
He's a disgrace to the entire state of Mississippi.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Don't worry you guys.

I'm sure Jackson will be a great hub in the south!!

But you gotta invest in right things like infrastructure, education, pro-business environment and low taxes.

Maybe Jackson is attracting a lot of investment today!

Last edited by J.Thomas; 01-09-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-09-2016, 10:15 AM

27 posts, read 34,814 times
There are positive things happening in Jackson. It is unfortunate that Stokes and his ilk have overshadowed that in the local media recently. They need to go.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:43 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,357,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Don't worry you guys.

I'm sure Jackson will be a great hub in the south!!

But you gotta invest in right thing like infrastructure, education, pro-business environment and low taxes.

Maybe Jackson is attracting a lot of investment today!
I assume this is sarcasm?

Old 01-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
I assume this is sarcasm?
Nope.

I hope Jackson will do the right things and prosper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson