Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM

154 posts, read 524,723 times

Advertisements

You've probably already spent 45mins complaining about the application process Its better to stay positive, apply, and move on rather than dwell on so many negatives.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My recommendation is that if you really want the job at Target, sit there for the 45 minutes and fill out the information. What else do you have to do if you are looking for work that can't wait 45 minutes?
Exactly.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,211 times
i wish Target would rehire me, but thebunny gave me the information i needed, i'd say the main reason i was hired last Fall at Target for the seasonal, temporary position, during the holidays, around that time, retail employers are less picky about qualifications, experience, etc. That experience, qualifications does not matter as much for holiday, seasonal jobs than it does for retail jobs during the non-holiday times of the year

Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,439,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i wish Target would rehire me, but thebunny gave me the information i needed, i'd say the main reason i was hired last Fall at Target for the seasonal, temporary position, during the holidays, around that time, retail employers are less picky about qualifications, experience, etc. That experience, qualifications does not matter as much for holiday, seasonal jobs than it does for retail jobs during the non-holiday times of the year
But getting in as a seasonal worker a lot of times opens the door for getting hired as a regular. It's a great opportunity to prove your worth to the retailer.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My recommendation is that if you really want the job at Target, sit there for the 45 minutes and fill out the information. What else do you have to do if you are looking for work that can't wait 45 minutes?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
I've filled out a few of those for Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart. They all seemed to have timers that kick you off after 10 minutes of inactivity. It's been awhile, but I do seem to remember them all having features that allow you to save your application and come back to it too.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
commit 45 straight minutes to filling out the application

Meaning that you can't even leave the window open and do something else and come back to the application. After a while it will kick you off and you have to start all over again-lol What the heck is wrong with Target??? Are they out of their mind? So you have to log in again if you want to do something else?

This is why crime is rising because of this nonsense. My recommendation is don't waste your time
I have no idea why in this age of advanced computers, some companies prefer to live in the dark ages with applications that you cannot save and go back to later.

Chrysler's application system is similar - there is no general resume pool or way to create a single profile from which you can apply to jobs. No, you have to apply to each job separately and go through the whole process at once... and if you leave in the middle of it (or your browser crashes, etc.), you cannot go back and update anything you've already entered. Oh, and it *sometimes* also seems to assume I've "started the application process" for a job or two that I know I never applied to, and yet other times those jobs vanish from the list... yeah, great system!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
If 45 minutes spent ends up allowing you to pay your rent, it is a great tradeoff.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM

1,128 posts, read 3,482,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
If the seasonal employees work hard and prove that they're valuable to the store, they almost always get hired as permanent after seasonal time is over.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:38 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
If the seasonal employees work hard and prove that they're valuable to the store, they almost always get hired as permanent after seasonal time is over.
Maybe not as much in this economy.

Business drops off for many of the big retailers significantly outside the holiday season.

Last edited by 313Weather; 08-09-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search