Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's a good point and I'm kinda surprised she didn't get more flack for openly mocking another religion.

I mean, if she did a concert and desecrated a Star of David or was gyrating on a replica of the Ark of the Covenant, maybe seducing a likeness of Muhammad or something like that, I bet there would have been a huge uproar. The woman can show up a cross though and Christians are being ridiculous.

Kinda weird and a double standard in my book.
Maybe that's because she was raised a Catholic? You know, the old belief that you can mock yourself & get away with it? Not that I agree with her behavior, but that could explain why she didn't get too much flack over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 06:54 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,294,860 times
Quote:
I was more of a hair and metal band guy
Huh?

Alpha, I couldn't resist, but: who knew?

Especially after seeing you in that Elvis get-up! (Not that I'll ever say where I saw it...)

On a more serious note, (I think?) Madonna is nothing if not someone who is brilliant at marketing!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Btw Alpha, I was also more of the "metal-head" type, though a few years behind you... so it became more of a grunge thing, LOL.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,901,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Huh?

Alpha, I couldn't resist, but: who knew?

Especially after seeing you in that Elvis get-up! (Not that I'll ever say where I saw it...)
It's true June. In fact, if anything good at all came from my exposure to that type of music it was the realization of just how powerful music can be. I'm fully convinced that music played a MAJOR role in the way I was living my life then. There's more power and influence in the music we listen to than we will probably ever know on this side of death.

Quote:
On a more serious note, (I think?) Madonna is nothing if not someone who is brilliant at marketing!
I'll give her that, she knows how to appeal to the masses, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Btw Alpha, I was also more of the "metal-head" type, though a few years behind you... so it became more of a grunge thing, LOL.
LOL. Never could quite get the grunge thing, gizmo. I was all Iron Maiden, Dio, Tesla, and Ozzy etc. Nirvana et al were emerging and growing as I was getting deeper and deeper into the previously mentioned things. Back when anything new came out of Seattle, ya know?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,294,860 times
Default Just two little words Alpha:

Quote:
It's true June. In fact, if anything good at all came from my exposure to that type of music it was the realization of just how powerful music can be. I'm fully convinced that music played a MAJOR role in the way I was living my life then. There's more power and influence in the music we listen to than we will probably ever know on this side of death.
Try Mozart.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,901,592 times
Quote:
Try Mozart.
Would you believe that at this same time (and even now) I was a huge classical fan?

I went to (some) college at Queens College in Charlotte (until I was politely asked to leave) and frequently the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra would play at Belk Auditorium.

I love(d) classical music.

But understand at one point I'd have Dokken, AC/DC, Run DMC, Alabama, and classical in the same cassette case (you remember those lil square things, right?)

I've always been a bit of a musical enigma.

Now, I try and really watch what I eat, if ya know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism