Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,203,347 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I cam across a post on Moderator cut: another board that really made me think to say the least.

The poster, a Jewish woman who is studying to become a Rabbi, said that Jewish souls are different from Gentile souls. She said that Jewish souls are like children that have been born and have been actualized. Gentile souls she said are like fetuses that have yet to be born and are not actualized. She went further to say that Gentile souls can be actualized either by death or conversion to Judaism.

She goes by the name of "elsinora" and what she had to say has really just stuck with me the past few weeks.

What do the rest of you think?

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 01:03 PM..

Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 PM

364 posts, read 766,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
A few weeks ago I cam across a post on another board that really made me think to say the least.

The poster, a Jewish woman who is studying to become a Rabbi, said that Jewish souls are different from Gentile souls. She said that Jewish souls are like children that have been born and have been actualized. Gentile souls she said are like fetuses that have yet to be born and are not actualized. She went further to say that Gentile souls can be actualized either by death or conversion to Judaism.

She goes by the name of "elsinora" and what she had to say has really just stuck with me the past few weeks.

I think that pretty self-rightenous because to say your not apart of a certain religion I better then u.

atleast that the vibe I get from that

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-08-2008, 05:49 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,194,782 times
Of course, Some christians are well known for thinking that they are following the one and only true way too, and therefore better than anyone that believes differently. The holier-than-thou attitude is sometimes unbelievable.

She's just as entitled to her beliefs as any new testiment follower. AND, we won't know who is right and who is wrong until after we die, will we!!!! And then, we won't know unless there really is a life after death.

Just because someone belives with all their heart and mind, it doesn't make it so. Never has, and never will. No one can force something to be true by merely believing or teaching that belief.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,015,810 times
Quote:
A few weeks ago I cam across a post on another board that really made me think to say the least.

I think it's hogwash. I believe it stems from the Israelites being called "A chosen people" and that, taken out of context, like anything can be used to support all kinds of theory.

Romans 10 and 11 is a good place to start in your search. Paul (A Jew) talks about this very thing.

IN CONTEXT Romans 10:12 says "For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile–the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"

Read those chapters and it will help you understand.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Romans 10
BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-08-2008, 06:01 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
I think that pretty self-rightenous because to say your not apart of a certain religion I better then u.

atleast that the vibe I get from that
You make it sound like your not used to hearing that. Just about every religion thinks they are better then the others and the others just need to hear and accept the truth.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,345,995 times
Quote:

I've been called alot of things, but this is the first time I've been called a fetus.

So where is the celestial womb all of us gentiles hang out. And whose umbilical cord do we rely on.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 AM

897 posts, read 2,458,557 times
Christians do it to other Christian...You mean to tell me you never heard a pastor say: you an infant in Christ. How do we get to adolescents? We need to study. I have heard many pastors tell there congregation that they are children or infants. How do they know?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,203,347 times
What ever you may think I feel "elsinora" made some valid points.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 AM

91 posts, read 210,169 times
What on earth does she mean by actualised? A baby is either born or not born. It isn't born and then actualised, is it?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:01 PM

364 posts, read 766,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You make it sound like your not used to hearing that. Just about every religion thinks they are better then the others and the others just need to hear and accept the truth.

I am use of hearing that Iwas talking about a certain quote. as for me I honor other beleifs or what religion they are in but when someone ask me what does yours teach? I can not water down the gospel and I do not expect anyone else to water down their religion for me also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism