Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times

Advertisements

After 47 million to steal AMC from KCMO, reports are now coming out that KS (along with Overland Park incentives) has given 41.2 million to steal Teva from KCMO.

Kansas is paying in excess of $100,000 per employee to move from across state line within the metro. Chances are nobody will move to Kansas in these deals and because of all the incentives, these new employees won't pay much in new taxes to Kansas, let alone anywhere near 100,000 per employee. Even if they did, it would take decades, if it's even possible, to pay that much money back via state and city taxes.

Wow.

Link
Kansas pitches in nearly $31M to land Teva Neurosciences project - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/04/3594146/kansas-pitching-in-nearly-31-million.html - broken link)

At the same time, Missouri is about to strike back BIG TIME and give Kansas a taste of its own medicine.

Missouri is about to pass legislation that will give MO side leaders the ability to spend 1.5 times the amount that KS spends on poaching.

I feel so sorry for KC area residents. Your corporate tax base is quickly eroding.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Are residents of Kansas really that stupid?
Wow. Did you really just say that? Tell me something - have you ever been accused of being stupid because officials you did not vote for made decisions you did not approve of?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Wow. Did you really just say that? Tell me something - have you ever been accused of being stupid because officials you did not vote for made decisions you did not approve of?
Then why so quiet? Why is this type of stuff justified and even encouraged by most residents?

If this was happening in the DC/VA/MD area, people would be in a complete uproar, I'm talking about near rioting in the streets and I am not kidding, okay, maybe a little, but there would be major uproar and protesting going on. People here go completely nuts over incentives that are a drop in the bucket compared to what Kansas does. I'm telling you, if this were happening in metro DC, people would be getting fired, laws would be getting passed, and people may even be going to jail, and it would all make national news or at least be in the local news constantly.

But in KS, it's overlooked and ignored and even justified and the residents are completely clueless as to how absurd, irresponsible and destructive to the KC area these incentives really are.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Then why so quiet? Why is this type of stuff justified and even encouraged by most residents?
If your version of "not remaining silent" is asking if a state's residents are stupid, I'll have none of it.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,715,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Yes, he really just said that, because he has been allowed to misuse this forum as a vehicle to exorcise his own personal loathing of all things Kansas for the last five years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....these threads should be deleted immediately upon posting as they are pure flame bait and serve no other purpose than stated above....which has nothing whatsoever to do with the intended purpose of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: