Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 PM

40 posts, read 174,161 times

Advertisements

We purchased a condo on Norris Lake and have a limited amount of time to furnish it. We plan to purchase indoor furniture at Rooms to Go for next day delivery. I was hoping to purchase patio furniture at either Walmart or Home Depot but when I look online at the stores in the area it states delivery only an no items in store. Does anyone know where to purchase patio furniture that I can buy right there and put in a truck to bring home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM

374 posts, read 949,645 times
Lowe's, Home Depot, and Mayo's all have patio furniture in stock that you can take home same day.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,465,869 times
Yes, it is not too far a drive to get patio furniture in Knoxville. Mayo's will be off the Emory Road exit of I-75. Take a left and it is on the right about 1/2 mile. Maybe a little less.

Lowe's and Home Depot are the next exit, Callahan Drive. Take a right. About a little less than a mile, Lowe's will be on the left. Or go straight through the Clinton Highway light (when it turns green!) and Home Depot will not be far from there, on the right.

Right now, Home Depot is offering a Martha Stewart line at a not bad price and pretty nice. Mayo has the best quality. You will pay for it, though, but a lot of their stuff has excellent warranties. I'm waiting for their end-of-year sale.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM

187 posts, read 462,318 times
Walmart,Target,K-mart,Sears,and believe it or not Kroger also has some pretty nice patio furniture also

Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,262,736 times
I think most big box stores have their things on clearance as well right now. After all, school supplies are out, summer MUST be over, right?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 AM

610 posts, read 1,630,920 times
The end of summer is when the patio sales are! I would wait and look at prices dropping online, then go to the store to buy when they are at their lowest. Maybe Labor Day weekend?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:26 AM

I did look at the inventory that's in the stores from online and I don't think there is much of anything left if anything, at Lowe's and Home Depot. I don't know what Target has left. I can't seem to find an answer online. For the record, I have not been impressed with anyone's quality, this year, except for Mayo. That, surprisingly, inlcudes Target.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 AM

40 posts, read 174,161 times
Thanks for all the help. We will be flying up next week to go shopping. We will only be in town for 4 days so hopefully we will find something quickly.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 PM

187 posts, read 462,318 times
Mayo is good,But you also pay for what you get there...Nothing in Mayo's is cheap to say the least...Even there sale priced stuff is equal to other stores regular prices...If you wanna pay close to a grand for a good patio set,Then Mayo's is the place to go...I'd also suggest checking out Mynatt's Furniture in Halls...Its kinda like Mayo's But not as big...They used to have really good sales on Patio stuff

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
Mayo is good,But you also pay for what you get there...Nothing in Mayo's is cheap to say the least...Even there sale priced stuff is equal to other stores regular prices...If you wanna pay close to a grand for a good patio set,Then Mayo's is the place to go...I'd also suggest checking out Mynatt's Furniture in Halls...Its kinda like Mayo's But not as big...They used to have really good sales on Patio stuff
I already said that.

The thing is, the price on patio furniture went up this year no matter where. Most sets started in the $600 range at Home Depot and the quality wasn't great. However, it was better than Lowe's and Targets. They were all expensive and pretty shoddy.

Look at this Martha Stewart set at Lowe's (all of the sets that I looked at there were MS). Martha Stewart Living Lily Bay Collection 6 Pc. Spice Casual Seating Set - JDC-1465-ST-SPICE at The Home Depot It was originally $1,300, now $974. And the sad thing is how long will it hold up? A year? Two?

Now, Mayo has probably gone up in price, too, but it is worth it. Most if not all of their stuff has very hefty warranties.

But the OP should have probably just ordered this stuff a couple of days ago since they won't be in town until August 3rd and they probably won't get around to purchasing until the 4th or 5th. By then the furniture could have been delivered. Home Depot is offering free delivery. There's the tax issue, too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville