Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:34 PM

18 posts, read 17,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard cycholl View Post
i been reading this thread and it surprises me a bit. Sevier county is more piegon forge and gatlinburg....they are only in the small southern part of the county right next to the smoky mountains. While i admit it does a lot for seiver county tax and job wise. Hower with sevier county being about in the top 10 in size, its more than just a tourist haven..... Its very rural and knowing the back and country roads you will miss the spuratic bumper to bumper traffic. Most of that traffic is on 66 and on certain times of the day. 95,000 plus people live in seiver county, someone must like it....... I live the county above it in jefferson county and do not have any problems driving through sevier county..... Its just what you want, and expect. Some will like it and some will not........ Basically all i am saying, there is more to sevier county than 66 going into piegon forge and gatlinburgh......
👍🏻

Old 09-12-2016, 02:24 PM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I often wonder about people that move to Sevier County that love it. If they were to move to somewhere like Maryville or the outskirts of Knoxville, would they love it even more? Same friendly people, same great prices (actually lower for most things like gas, groceries), better schools, but no tourists. Just a rhetorical question.
I actually enjoy all of the different folks coming into town. I like being close to 40 as well (have friends and family in VA). I also think Knoxville is really nice too and have a brother that recently moved there. I'm sure I'd like Maryville too and we even have friends that live there, as well as in Crossville. Considering where I came from - EVERYTHING is cheaper even if it isn't as cheap as other places. I like the bit of hustle and bustle and I like the fact that I can get a job in tourism seasonally if I choose to. It works for us. This may not be our final stopping point (as I'd probably like to be further south), but this is as far south as my husband would go, and I'll take it.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,846 times
Default hi

we were thinking of moving to tn;seiver probably..any info would be appreciated..thanks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMopar View Post
Amen to that! We used to live in Kodak. We were renting a house there and were looking dilligently in that area. The house we finally purchased is actually just on the other side of the river.

There are some amazing views from Kodak of the mountains. I feel that area gets a back rap sometimes due to one trailer park in particular, which I won't name. There is another nice mobile home park though, my daughter lives there, and it's so nice and clean. The owners don't put up with nonsense there.

Thank you for your kind words. I just love where I live and I'm very appreciative that I've been afforded the opportunity to live in such a wonderful area, with such beauty and with friendly neighbors. We really enjoy meeting people, so the area works well for us. My husband and I are social types and it never fails that we meet tourists when we are out and strike up conversations. While I admit, I will never divulge our 'local' back road directions, we still offer them information on other issues if they ask. We had one man offer us money to give him a map of the back ways around and about. I told him to take that money he was offering us and donate to the food pantry or at a local Church. LOL! I won't tell!!!
I wish you the best on your decision!!

Old 01-23-2017, 03:29 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,299,067 times
Read the first 5 pages of this thread, there is a lot of info there.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:56 PM

155 posts, read 179,245 times
My wife, son, and I moved here from southeastern Indiana. We moved to Sevierville, a little over 3 years ago. I work for the county and my wife works for the school district. Our son will be in 5th grade next year. We're currently living in a two bedroom apartment.

We try to avoid Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge during the summer. Unless we have a reason to be in that area. It's nice to know the backroads so we don't get stuck in a lot of traffic.

It's nice to be a local and have my Cubbies AA affiliate so close by. It's also nice having MLB.tv to watch the games. But that is beside the point.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM

96 posts, read 135,095 times
We'll be traveling to Knoxville and the surrounding areas the second week of January to check for a possible relocation.

it will be interesting to see first hand what "heavy traffic" is in the Knoxville, Sevierville areas. Living in Jacksonville and previously in Fld. County, CT (close to NYC) I may have a different idea of heavy traffic.

If we take the plunge and move we'll be looking for something with a view - mountains, river, lake and still be close to amenities such as shopping and medical. We'll see!

Old 12-14-2017, 10:51 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGCTFL View Post

it will be interesting to see first hand what "heavy traffic" is in the Knoxville, Sevierville areas. Living in Jacksonville and previously in Fld. County, CT (close to NYC) I may have a different idea of heavy traffic.
Keep in mind you will be here during the most 'dead', low tourism/traffic time of the year. Might not give you a very accurate picture of what 'heavy' traffic can be like during average or peak times.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:02 AM

191 posts, read 308,162 times
Plus, it's not just volume; it's also road size/condition and all you flatlanders finding your way.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:01 AM

96 posts, read 135,095 times
True enough, DT and geranium. But, being there in January will give me an idea of the roads and the area.

We're hoping that our trip will spark enough interest for us to check out the area further. Jax has plenty to offer, but the 8+ months of hot summer is too much...for us.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,656 times
Hi my husband and I are looking to relocate as well. We are from South Florida and have a teenager so my question is what town is the best? We really like the Gatlinburg area but don't want to live in the city.

Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville