Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 AM

87 posts, read 390,691 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on this forum live in or near the Rarity Ridge neighborhood in Oak Ridge?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 AM

358 posts, read 999,438 times
I live on the other side of Oak Ridge but I've been thru RR many times, looked at some houses there.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
I live on the other side of Oak Ridge but I've been thru RR many times, looked at some houses there.
What was YOUR impression of the neighborhood and that area of Oak Ridge? If you had the opportunity, would you live there? Why or why not?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Feedback from anyone is welcome!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 AM

358 posts, read 999,438 times
ok. this is just MY opinion, ok? don't want to offend or disparage anyone. no, i wouldn't live there for several reasons. first, if you know anything about me, you know that dh and i are looking to move AWAY from oak ridge. secondly, if i were going to stay in oak ridge, i would want to BE in oak ridge, not 11 miles out. thirdly, RR is just not my type of place to live.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
RR is Oak Ridge in name only. You could live in Clinton and be closer to things in Oak Ridge. The thing is, if you plan to participate in Oak Ridge activities on a regular daily basis, then RR is just too far away. If you have no intention of participating in Oak Ridge activities on a daily basis, then it might be okay. I wouldn't recommend it for a retiree (too much driving to get where you are going) but it might be fine for a person still in the workforce who would probably only go into town on the weekend for activities.

As far as RR itself, I don't know what it's like to live there but am totally turned off by the massive clearing of land that I have observed there.

Unrelated specifically to RR, I would like to mention that yesterday's Oak Ridge Observer (weekly newspaper) says "officials predict six years of tax hikes." (property taxes)

Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Question Why espouse the beauty of an area and then ruin it to build houses?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
RR is Oak Ridge in name only. You could live in Clinton and be closer to things in Oak Ridge. The thing is, if you plan to participate in Oak Ridge activities on a regular daily basis, then RR is just too far away. If you have no intention of participating in Oak Ridge activities on a daily basis, then it might be okay. I wouldn't recommend it for a retiree (too much driving to get where you are going) but it might be fine for a person still in the workforce who would probably only go into town on the weekend for activities.

As far as RR itself, I don't know what it's like to live there but am totally turned off by the massive clearing of land that I have observed there.

Unrelated specifically to RR, I would like to mention that yesterday's Oak Ridge Observer (weekly newspaper) says "officials predict six years of tax hikes." (property taxes)
LauraC, I have exactly the same feeling when it comes to RR. After having seen the area and what was done to it, I could not live there just as a matter of principle. Many of us are really done with developers who respect only the bottom line, and totally ignore the consequences to the environment.

Enough is enough.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 AM

133 posts, read 376,545 times
Depending on which segment of RR you are looking at, you can go to the other side of OR (Pellissippi area) and get the same size house that still has trees and be closer to OR and Knoxville. I have financed some townhouses in RR that I could not believe the price(thats not a good thing)

Old 01-19-2008, 05:02 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Maybe it's just me but when I hear Rarity Ridge or Rarity whatever for that matter, I automatically think of overpriced, overdeveloped, expensive, keeping up with the Jones', places.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:32 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Maybe it's just me but when I hear Rarity Ridge or Rarity whatever for that matter, I automatically think of overpriced, overdeveloped, expensive, keeping up with the Jones', places.
You got that right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville