Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:06 PM

396 posts, read 1,311,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbette View Post
Oh GBH....I feel awful that I have caused you to have a relapse

Just think, this time next year when I'm living in East TN and cranking up my heat and complaining, you can remind me of this post
It's 50 degrees right now in Tampa and I don't want to go outside to let the dogs out.

How will we survive up there Beachbette??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,520,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCabinGirl View Post
It's 50 degrees right now in Tampa and I don't want to go outside to let the dogs out.

You'll just build a far! If you need to buy some wood here's yer guy:

Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,020 times
That is so cute, SMG.

I gotta go build me a far. It's gettin' chilly in her.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,396,869 times
Well, you'll certainly need to use wood, ladies, or reap the wrath of the KUB gods. If my last gas bill is any indication, it costs about $25 a far. A bottle of brandy costs less than that!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Well, you'll certainly need to use wood, ladies, or reap the wrath of the KUB gods. If my last gas bill is any indication, it costs about $25 a far. A bottle of brandy costs less than that!
I better start saving paper money and forget about saving quarters for a rainy day. That's a bit pricey just for a far.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 AM

396 posts, read 1,311,819 times
Default Shopping!

Shucks, I'll just have to go on a shopping spree and buy me all new clothes to keep me warm. Imagine that, a woman having to go on a shopping spree.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:01 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,038 times
Quote:
It's definitely going to take some gettin' used to LilCabinGirl!! I got up this morning and realized we had not shut the windows last nite....brrrrrrrrrr Now I'm sitting here bundled up at the computer - it's only 57 degrees outside......

I might have to turn on the heat tonight (used it for 2 nights on January 2nd and 3rd)!!! Hubby might not agree though - so I might be snuggled up with a cup of hot chocolate and an extra blanket

Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post

SMG, I absolutely loved your post!! It started my day off with a good giggle!!
One of our definite 'must haves' as we start our 'house hunt' is a wood burning 'farplace'

Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 AM

Talking WoooooHoooo.....Shopping trip for sure!!!

Quote:
Shucks, I'll just have to go on a shopping spree and buy me all new clothes to keep me warm. Imagine that, a woman having to go on a shopping spree.
I'm right there with you LCG.....'a shopping we will go'

I don't know how my feet are going to react when they are suddenly 'enclosed'.......I have worn only sandals for the past year......and even if I have to go out today, I'll still be wearing sandals - but might switch to a pair of long pants instead of shorts

However, since we still have another month before we move - it might be warm enough in East TN by then to continue with my sandals!

LCG, when will you be moving?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:03 AM

127 posts, read 433,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post

Is this for real? That is so funny, I needed a good laugh.
LCG and beachbette, you sound like my sister who just moved to Knoxville from Fl. 2 months ago, everytime I talk to her she's "freezing" but she still loves it there and said she'd take TN weather over Fl. weather anyday! It just takes some gettin used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville