Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 02:28 PM

11 posts, read 46,662 times

Advertisements

Woohoo!!! Woohoo!!!

We've just arrived in TN!!! Visiting/Moving this weekend... and our first time in TN. Would like to say hello to everyone and look forward to reading about it all.

This is technically our vacation, but we're also moving here this weekend. So happy to be out of the Midwest, let it rust away for all we care.

We're staying with friends near Knoxville until we find a place. To be honest, we know very little about the state other than what we've read, so please share the best of the best from a natives perspective - places to live (3 bedroom minimum), school systems (2 kids), restaurants, jobs (first priority), etc etc etc...

Thanks and we look forward to you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 02:32 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,356,770 times
Must be nice, enjoy. I've been waiting to escape the rust belt for months myself and move to TN. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 PM

204 posts, read 582,919 times
Welcome !!! You will love it here. We are a transplant as well. However, we like a lot of others are from Florida. Have lived here two years and this is HOME. We just got back from a visit to Florida and both of us said we won't be back. So welcome to Tennessee and making it your home. I can not give recs about schools as we have only grandkids but West Knoxville is where we call home. Restaurants? Gee take your pick.....so many to be found.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 PM

24,782 posts, read 28,649,556 times
Just use your local Chamber of Commerce for all your information.....

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,456,517 times
I thought WE were the local Chamber of Commerce!

No. Wait a minute. Businesses don't have to pay money to join and we really tell it like it is!

Welcome home to Tennessee!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:53 PM

611 posts, read 1,463,937 times
Welcome to Tennessee! I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we're glad to have you.

I'm a transplant from New Mexico, and over the past three years I've come to love this place as if I'd lived here for my whole life. I hope the same can be true for you and your family.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,399,302 times
Welcome to Knoxville, and as mentioned, the Knoxville Chamber and Farragut Chamber will help you in finding some actitities. Good luck on your search, and if you post more, we can learn more about what your looking for, and then even have a better idea, for areas to suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville