Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Waston View Post
talking to a realtor friend in Vegas today. She felt the housing market was going to continue to decline. There is an overabundance of foreclosures on the market and with no tax credit and people leaving Vegas for lack of work, there really are no buyers other than investors. But there aren't enough of them and who will they rent to if their are less renters or renters with no job.

So, I would say that Vegas is going to be MORE AFFORDABLE like it was 10 years ago.
LV pricing has been flat for a year and shows no sign of changing.

It is below what it was 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,262,237 times
Generally speaking....when people say a City X is cheaper than City Y...they usually mean its like 100:95 or 100:90 or maybe 100:85, and MAYBE a little lower.

But assuming $300/month apartments in Vegas is implying Vegas is like 100:25 to others, pretty wrong assumption.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 PM

72 posts, read 237,813 times
I problem I came across is all of these $300/mo listings end up being completely false when I call the place up and str8up ask them what their monthly rate is.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 813 times
looking for under $300 for renting a room with wifi per month

Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,798,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremendousman View Post
I can assure you that you don't want what you're looking for. Trust me on this.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,062,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremendousman View Post
Go to the link below. That is where I found mine.

las vegas rooms for rent & shares available - craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I can assure you that you don't want what you're looking for. Trust me on this.
Why would you say that? I rent a room out of a house in a nice safe area by Windmill and Eastern. I get my own private room and bathroom, all utilities, digital cable with DVR box, driveway parking, etc. I get all that for $350 a month! To get a comparable apartment with all those ammenities, it would set me back at least $800 per month. Not only that, I would also most likely be living in a bad area and have to go to a laundromat. Renting a room is SO much better.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:43 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post

Why would you say that? I rent a room out of a house in a nice safe area by Windmill and Eastern. I get my own private room and bathroom, all utilities, digital cable with DVR box, driveway parking, etc. I get all that for $350 a month! To get a comparable apartment with all those ammenities, it would set me back at least $800 per month. Not only that, I would also most likely be living in a bad area and have to go to a laundromat. Renting a room is SO much better.
Do you have to interact with your landlord much or are they out of town a lot? It's none of my business, I'm just curious.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:05 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,956,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post

You're pretty lucky. That's very cheap and probably not the norm for a decent place to live. Be nice to your landlord because you don't want that good gig to end.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:50 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,062,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do you have to interact with your landlord much or are they out of town a lot? It's none of my business, I'm just curious.
I live with her and see her pretty much every day. I have only seen her take one vacation in which I had the house to myself for the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
You're pretty lucky. That's very cheap and probably not the norm for a decent place to live. Be nice to your landlord because you don't want that good gig to end.
It is the first time I have rented a room, so I do not have much experience otherwise. I do know that it is much nicer than my apartment at University Park. I am lucky that I have such a nice landlord who has become a good friend of mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas