Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM

37 posts, read 51,586 times

Advertisements

Having a huge red wart on your face gives it character. Most sane people wouldn't find it desireable. I work with and really like many Latinos but they don't even want to live near Nellis. Hollywood is really nice but places below that are really sketchy. I lived on Charleston and Sloan three years ago and I will take living in stale old Anthem any day. My 2600 sq ft with views of the Southpoint and the M and the peace and quiet trumps living in a bigger house with a pool within walking distance of the ghetto with graffiti and lowriders any day.

My old neigbors over there were Latino and the mom wouldn't let her son bring his gang banging buddies in the house so they sat on the porch all day. About 6-10 of them wrestling in the street calling each other dog all day and yelling. I don't miss that "character" at all. It isn't their race that makes them like that it is because they are poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
I've never advocated living anywhere in Sunrise other than east of Hollywood. The further west you go, the worse it gets. (Until you hit Summerlin, of course.)

The Latinos in my community are affluent, friendly, and drop by occasionally with fantastic food. Just first rate -- the kind of dishes that can open one's eyes to just how good Mexican food can be. I would rather be surrounded by neighbors like that than the paranoid shut-ins who make up the bulk of my neighborhood.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Lots of rough undesirable area but a nice view from up there. Too far a drive to the Strip but not so bad a drive to Downtown Vegas. Love the Latter Day Saints temple.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM

611 posts, read 951,692 times
I've found the further south down Nellis (west of Hollywood) is dual-nationality...Canadian and Hispanic. In our 400 unit gated community one of the pools of two is called The Canadian Party Pool. A lot of us purchased condos in this area as they were way cheaper and in my opinion, a lot friendlier, than the condos my friends bought in the other more affluent areas where people seems to keep to themselves. I like the family - friendly Hispanic people in our complex and sure have enjoyed meeting all the other Canadians from different Provinces that have bought real estate over the last few years in the Nellis/Sahara area. Check out PT's Pub in the winter months on Vegas Valey and Nellis and you'll see what I mean.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:17 PM

17 posts, read 15,769 times
Hello everyone!

I know this post is old but I am thinking about relocating to Nevada. I was reading through some of the old posts and it was very interesting. I was trying to make out and read between the lines of some of the comments.

I want to relocate to feel safe, peaceful and happy. I don't want to live in an area that may be racist especially with all the crazy things happening recent news.

I want diversity, I think that having a mixture of all people wanting a safe and loving environment for their families should make any area better. Wanting the basics of life, liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

I do not want to live with snobs... That is where I live now.

What would be the best area in Nevada you think for me?

Old 03-25-2019, 11:32 AM

124 posts, read 105,967 times
You want a liberal lifestyle, with conservative values.

No problem. Get on I-15 north until you see the unicorns, then drive into the rainbows.

PS: I almost forget the best part - every Friday night, all the neighbors build a bonfire, hold hands and sing kumbaya!

Seriously, you're on the CITY DATA site, which is chalked full of demographics data. Get out of the forums (where you get smart-ass answers like mine), go to NV -> Clark County -> Las Vegas and
look at demo data for each zip code. I'm guessing 89101-89102 are up your alley (Arts District).

-von

Last edited by VonZimmer; 03-25-2019 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: update

Old 03-25-2019, 03:10 PM

261 posts, read 235,374 times
I do some PI work in Vegas, but nearly every time I am looking for someone that sole a car, they reside in Sunrise Manor, and are often tweakers X10. Just my experience.

Hey, for 300K or a bot more, you can buy a nearly new house with a small lot in Southwest Valley south of the loop. I live their and would not trade this are for any other area, nice wide open areas, great stores )Arroyo), and close to Blue Diamond.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:15 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenna View Post
Hello everyone!

I know this post is old but I am thinking about relocating to Nevada. I was reading through some of the old posts and it was very interesting. I was trying to make out and read between the lines of some of the comments.

I want to relocate to feel safe, peaceful and happy. I don't want to live in an area that may be racist especially with all the crazy things happening recent news.

I want diversity, I think that having a mixture of all people wanting a safe and loving environment for their families should make any area better. Wanting the basics of life, liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

I do not want to live with snobs... That is where I live now.

What would be the best area in Nevada you think for me?

This is the best way to do it: First, find a place that looks interesting enough to you and rent it. Make sure you do not have a long lease in case you really hate it. Then when you have time off of work, you can scout around different neighborhoods to find the one that suits you best. If you want diversity, you can get that almost anywhere in the valley. But many area's will not be exactly safe or peaceful. So pick an area that appeals to you, and you will have plenty of diversity, plenty of shopping and depending on your neighbors, it may or may not be peaceful. Now being happy. That comes from within. No one place or thing can make you happy.. Only you can do that.

I live in Aliante, and have been here for 15 years. It is a good place to live. Looks nice, can be peaceful when all the neighbors are behaving and not making noise(there is a guy that lives across from us that likes to rev his car up at times and it's all decked out to be extra noisy. When he is not playing with it, it is nice and peaceful.) We are as happy as we can be whenever we want to be. It's always an individual choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas