Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:29 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Merry — you are referring to House Seats. house seats - enjoy a year's worth of entertainment for one low price I don’t think you have to be a local to buy into the Las Vegas franchise, not certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Check out www.vegas.com. Check back often.
Thank you! That's what I was both thinking of. There's one more service like House Seats too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 PM

66 posts, read 65,003 times
Get the Las Vegas Advisor coupon book. It has great coupons, buffets, shows, gaming and not off strip.
You can have it shipped to you or pick it up once you arrived.
https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/

Old 03-16-2019, 07:43 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
If "resort shick" means sitting through a time share presentation, my advice is DON'T. They are very high pressure and don't like to take no for an answer. Why waste several hours/half a day of vacation time?
I’m sad to say I got suckered into one in the last, mainly because of my GF and trying to make her happy haha what a waste of money I wish I had back. They’re almost all for people with very low standards too, I feel sorry for anyone who says they like it, I mean it’s ridiculous how hard ours is to use. I don’t work a traditional job, I don’t want to play a year in advance for some vacation nor do I want to stay in a junky place in Hawaii with no AC!! What a joke. Then they give you a 3 day free vacation, but don’t explain it’s 10 pm Monday night and returning 7 am Wednesday so it’s 1 day not 3. And you have to fly to a certain city first, not from where you live. These time share people are the scum of the earth. I’d like to gift my points for free to someone but I may have to pay someone to take them because it’s such a bad deal. For their entry price it shouldn’t cost hardly anything to stay anywhere, but instead you do the math and it’s like $100/night when sometimes in places like Vegas I’ve paid less than that for better resorts and 0 money upfront obviously haha.

They tell you these presentations are an hour or even 30 minutes and it’s a lie, they can last 3 hours.

I think maybe for the exact right person a time share could be great, that person is trying to save a buck always, willing to travel at off times even if the vacation isn’t as good because it’s poor weather, they are extremely flexible in when they can leave or plan a year ahead constantly, and they don’t mind spending 10x as long planning a trip. I’m the kind of guy who just wants to pick up the phone old school and call a hotel I like, “Hey what’s it looking like for the last weeks of May?” Maybe call 2 months early and expect to book a room no issues. I like to plan ahead in life but I have zero interest in planning any vacations further out than 4-6 months and even that’s a stretch. I just don’t like that, I might be busier then, life changes, I would prefer 2 months out.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:57 AM

395 posts, read 272,616 times
I always use skyauction.com to book my suites for staying in Las Vegas.
They have a lot of timeshare properties there which generally run about $350-$370
for the week in a one bedroom suite with full kitchen. I've stayed at The Jockey Club,
Royal Resorts, Wyndham Grand Dessert, and The Carriage House through that site.
You can also buy their vacation vouchers which opens up access to the entire Interval
International booking site. You might have to pay a little extra for your date preference
but then you aren't locked into a specific date or property until you redeem the certificate.
PM me if you want more details on that.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:41 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Found the other discount service for locals that's like House Seats. It's called Fill-A-Seat. You pay the annual fee and get complimentary tickets for a year on what ever is available that night.

http://www.fillaseatlasvegas.com/

Old 03-22-2019, 04:49 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
I don't know why anyone would chose Vegas as a vacation with a 13 year old. Wrong place. It is NOT "family friendly". It's smokey and adult oriented.

Go to Disney or Seaworld with a child. Not Vegas.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:39 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I don't know why anyone would chose Vegas as a vacation with a 13 year old. Wrong place. It is NOT "family friendly". It's smokey and adult oriented.

Go to Disney or Seaworld with a child. Not Vegas.
Nobody asked you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: