Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 01:39 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,023,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
They all talk before the election. Politicians will say anything that might help them. The truth is that they'll find a way to get the A's here and there will be some public help one way or another. Like it, don't like it, whatever. That's what's going to happen. I would be shocked if it's any other way. I have zero inside info here. Just reading the tea leaves like everybody else.
Well even Sisolak mentioned that there are other ways to give them money, like tax increment incentives etc. That's IF the A's would settle for that. If they want a Raiders kinda deal, that's not gonna happen. So at that point they make look at another market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 04:35 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,037,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Good to know. I hope if he's elected that he spends tax dollars on the needs of the tax payers, not the billionaires who leech off the public.
The Raiders stadium is paid for by a room tax. The 'tax payers' that pay for the stadium are tourists.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,865,314 times
I think Charlotte NC would support a team, the south needs more teams. I think There’s only Atlanta now.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:08 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,910,331 times
I think at this point the A's owners are getting perturbed that the "offer" from Oakland is better than the offer from Las Vegas. I still think there is just no way its the best business decision to choose Las Vegas for an MLB team. At some point the A's will either figure out how to extract as much as they can and do the Oakland stadium or will go full bore after the Giants and tell the MLB how unjust the territory rights concept is. Tax increment rebates and cheap land on the Strip isn't going to get this done.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:37 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,645,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I think at this point the A's owners are getting perturbed that the "offer" from Oakland is better than the offer from Las Vegas. I still think there is just no way its the best business decision to choose Las Vegas for an MLB team. At some point the A's will either figure out how to extract as much as they can and do the Oakland stadium or will go full bore after the Giants and tell the MLB how unjust the territory rights concept is. Tax increment rebates and cheap land on the Strip isn't going to get this done.
You realize that basically no one attends games in Oakland. Last in mlb in attendance and by a lot. The two teams above them on the list…Miami and Tampa Bay…both have significant location, weather, and population issues.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance.

I’d expect a 35,000 seat stadium in Las Vegas to sell out a substantial number of games and likely have an average attendance over 30,000. This is particularly true if they do like Arizona and have 630 pm weekday start times.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:58 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,910,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
You realize that basically no one attends games in Oakland. Last in mlb in attendance and by a lot. The two teams above them on the list…Miami and Tampa Bay…both have significant location, weather, and population issues.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance.

I’d expect a 35,000 seat stadium in Las Vegas to sell out a substantial number of games and likely have an average attendance over 30,000. This is particularly true if they do like Arizona and have 630 pm weekday start times.
Oh geez no one knew that, thanks for telling us all that little secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: