Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 12:38 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ17015 View Post
Friends: it took a few years because of the pandemic, but yes we have made friends. Most friendship are superficial - but we DO have friends here, and do socialize. Many of our friends travel a LOT, some have a 2nd home and leave for the summer months, one set of friends were gone for 26 weeks in one year (she hates the heat here). I believe if you and your wife jump in with both feet into the clubs, you'll make many friends, and you'll enjoy the community.

Critters: What I've experienced in our yard/house: Rats, mice, snakes (outside), cockroaches, grasshoppers, flies, bees, wasps, tarantula, earwigs, beetles, scorpions, ants, moths, dragonflies, still not sure what it is but a giant black flying bug (looks like a small bird) and is very loud - and NO it's not a hummingbird. My biggest pet peeve are the wasps - nonstop in our pool while we're trying to enjoy it - we've both been stung. We lived outside of Phoenix and I don't remember having wasps in the poor or this many bugs - but our house was a new build, so landscape was not mature. We also currently live on a golf course (elevated) so we may have more bugs/critters because of the golf course. On the plus side we get to enjoy the hummingbirds, quail, rabbits and roadrunners almost daily, we also regularly see coyotoes on the golf course - in the winter months hear them many evenings.

Looking back - I wished we would have rented here for a few years before making the jump to retire here. As many have said - many people LOVE it here and would never move back, others (like me) don't and bail. If it's possible - try renting for a few years, see if it's a good fit for you and your wife.
Strange. We have not had those critters you speak of. Two roaches, some flies, and one dead bee. That's all we have seen. We have a monthly exterminator but only $35 so not a big deal. Way less than in Cali. Oh ya, we do have coyotes on our golf course though. We have seen those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 08:43 PM

478 posts, read 1,656,928 times
A new critter appeared in our bath tub today - looked like a centipede, so I can now add that to the list, LOL.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:01 PM

65 posts, read 51,246 times
Del Webb at Lake LV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: