Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 10:26 PM

194 posts, read 194,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
That's what we did - we waited until our daughter went off to college, then we sold the house in which she grew up, moved to Henderson, and didn't give her the forwarding address.

Just kidding.

Sort of.
LOL!

Curious where did you move from prior to Henderson? What was it about Henderson that drew you and spouse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 10:18 PM

441 posts, read 438,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerboy View Post
LOL!

Curious where did you move from prior to Henderson? What was it about Henderson that drew you and spouse?

My mom lives in Henderson and she loves it. When she and her husband retired they wanted to relocate out of the snow zone. At first they moved to southern UT which nice and they bought a beautiful house but they got hit when they got there pension checks ( I think but not sure). Anyways they decided to move to the Vegas area.

As far as moving, I have moved lots of times but I have never used any moving services. I have used PODS and it was a local move. My daughter and I did most of the loading and hubby and I loaded the heavy stuff. The only issue was the unloaders we got were not that great. And the way our new townhouse was there was no way to get the POD in there. So we had it dropped on the street. I use to work at UPS so I know how to load very well.

My brother also live in Las Vegas. He has a house in Summerlin. Very nice area.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:50 AM

7,728 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerboy View Post
LOL!

Part of retirement planning is taking a good, hard look at your current lifestyle and be realistic about what you want in a future lifestyle so you can make an intelligent choice. Write up a list of pros and cons with respect to your current and desired lifestyles. What each person wants is different, of course, and sometimes people discover what they actually want is different from what they thought they wanted.

Some fraction of people who move here regret it -- perhaps the summertime heat is too much for them, or they miss their former friends & family, or perhaps a grandbaby is borne and they wish to move close to the new baby to "help out", etc.

We moved from California, we love Henderson, and we've been careful to leave California values at the border.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:19 AM

8 posts, read 2,936 times
If you're still looking for a mover, check out 3 Movers. They operate throughout the state, offer piano moving services, and have storage. We used them last year and had zero problems - would definitely use them again. Not sure where they're at in terms of price, but at the time we were looking, they came in a little cheaper than the others we looked at. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: