Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 03:24 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,707,876 times

Advertisements

My washer stopped putting water in the correct place where the detergent is. I figured out a way to work around it, but would like to get it fixed.

I'm looking for suggestions for a competent and fairly priced appliance repair person. Yes, I would like to have both, not just one, lol. Competent and overpriced would be better than incompetent and not expensive.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 07:38 AM

36 posts, read 47,756 times
The dispenser may be clogged if your additives do not release into the wash. A clogged dispenser can block the flow of water through the dispenser. Remove the dispenser, by pressing the release lever and rinse leftover detergent or additives that could clog the flow of water through the dispenser. If you need more help go to YouTube for tutorial videos. Why pay for a repair that you could easily do yourself?

Old 06-17-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickels View Post
The dispenser may be clogged if your additives do not release into the wash. A clogged dispenser can block the flow of water through the dispenser. Remove the dispenser, by pressing the release lever and rinse leftover detergent or additives that could clog the flow of water through the dispenser. If you need more help go to YouTube for tutorial videos. Why pay for a repair that you could easily do yourself?
Thanks, but I have an engineering degree and have done lots of electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs on many things for over 50 years. I need a GE appliance repair tech.

Old 11-02-2022, 12:37 PM

263 posts, read 602,948 times
I have a GE washer that doesn't spin....did you find someone honest and reputable? Reading Yelp reviews makes me think no one is honest. Called 3 companis so far, no one calls back.

Old 11-02-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
I have a GE washer that doesn't spin....did you find someone honest and reputable? Reading Yelp reviews makes me think no one is honest. Called 3 companies so far, no one calls back.
Have you tried a complete reset? Read your manual or Google the model number. You need to unplug the power cable for a few minutes and plug it back in. There may be other steps involved.

I found a work around for the problem my washer has, I mix the detergent with a bit of water and pour it in the dispenser when the water starts flowing. It has worked so far, so I'll wait to have it repaired when necessary.

When I had needed to have an induction cooktop installed, RC Willey gave me this guy to do it. He was very competent and the price was fair. It was a few years ago, I have no idea what his current status is.

Campbell's Appliance Service 702-642-0180

Old 11-02-2022, 04:27 PM

I just had another company tell me a repair could cost $396.... I was looking around on this site https://www.appliancepartspros.com/ and put in my model # and problem I was having. They have amazing videos and all parts available...so I'm going to order 2 parts I think I need and give it a go! Never did this before, but the videos make it look very easy.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:49 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
I once took a Sears electric dryer apart to replace a broken drive belt which loops around the drum and over a pulley. Amazingly simple repair but the real lesson for me was that many devices are not that hard to fix as it's mostly common sense. Nice thing about the good old days of Sears was they had on-line parts diagrams and parts ordering for their Kenmore appliances and Craftsman power tools -- which the Army would call "logistics."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-06-2022, 01:39 PM

Well I ordered the motor/pump part, replaced that. Still not spinning. Super easy to do, but apparently that isn't the problem. So just ordered the coupling. Drive belt is intact. Not sure what to try next...any ideas??

Old 11-06-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
Well I ordered the motor/pump part, replaced that. Still not spinning. Super easy to do, but apparently that isn't the problem. So just ordered the coupling. Drive belt is intact. Not sure what to try next...any ideas??
Hire a qualified repairman who knows how to troubleshoot the problem? Waste of money if you keep buying parts that aren't bad. I used to do lots of audio electronics repair work. If I couldn't diagnose the problem, I hired someone else to fix it. Your problem could be a control board issue. These days, they don't replace components, they replace entire circuit boards.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:38 PM

I contacted a few, so far 3 didn't call back, and one told me it would be close to $400. I figured it would be worth a shot to try myself. Reading all the reviews makes me think they are all shady and money hungry. If I can find a reputable guy, absolutely would hire him, but losing faith with past experiences. My go-to guy recently passed away, he was skilled in everything. Was honest, a perfectionist, and all around nice guy. I miss him terribly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas