Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 08:52 AM

157 posts, read 277,218 times

Advertisements

so, to further update on this....i called the constable's office phone number (702) 455-8697 and this is basically just a "hotline" or a call center. Left the Case ID and asked that someone come out today and ticket this guy before the holiday weekend. Didn't speak to an actual person because it's just a "hotline"...the hours shown on this hotline are Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:15. I indicated that this dude will probably leave the truck parked there for the labor day weekend (he actually rolled in late Monday nite, so today is going on 3 days illegally parked). Anyway, if nothing gets done by end of today I may call the cops, but good luck trying to get cops out on a huge holiday weekend for this. But I just wanted to let people know how these things are handled, start to finish in case others reading this are dealing with the same problem. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 10:34 AM

So, to follow up on this, I am still dealing with this illegally parked commercial vehicle (see photo I posted previously). Today I called the phone number that is shown at the "fix it" website of 702-455-8697 and talked to a nice lady who told me that their enforcement officers only work Monday thru Wednesday and they are very backlogged. I asked her how in the world this guy would ever be caught, because he comes and goes (as truckers do) and he might only be parked for a day. It just depends on his hauling schedule. Today this guy has FIVE cars on a huge car hauler. So, when he has cars on the truck, he usually will be gone in a day or two. This makes it almost impossible to catch him unless an officer comes out immediately within an hr or two.

I also asked her if I should call the police and she said "no, the police will just refer you to us". So, the cops are not an option in this and a waste of time. I told her I would continue reporting this until something is done because it's very dangerous backing out of my driveway, can't see around this huge truck.

If anyone else on this board is dealing with this, you can see this is a very difficult problem to solve. Unless it gets priority, it's just repeatedly reporting and reporting and maybe someone will catch the guy. This is not an easy fix. This is a difficult fix, and not instantaneous.

If anyone else has another suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice About Illegally Parked Truck/Car Shipper-truck1ab.jpg  

Last edited by butterflybird; 09-15-2022 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-15-2022, 02:41 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,447,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
So, to follow up on this, I am still dealing with this illegally parked commercial vehicle (see photo I posted previously). Today I called the phone number that is shown at the "fix it" website of 702-455-8697 and talked to a nice lady who told me that their enforcement officers only work Monday thru Wednesday and they are very backlogged. I asked her how in the world this guy would ever be caught, because he comes and goes (as truckers do) and he might only be parked for a day. It just depends on his hauling schedule. Today this guy has FIVE cars on a huge car hauler. So, when he has cars on the truck, he usually will be gone in a day or two. This makes it almost impossible to catch him unless an officer comes out immediately within an hr or two.

I also asked her if I should call the police and she said "no, the police will just refer you to us". So, the cops are not an option in this and a waste of time. I told her I would continue reporting this until something is done because it's very dangerous backing out of my driveway, can't see around this huge truck.

If anyone else on this board is dealing with this, you can see this is a very difficult problem to solve. Unless it gets priority, it's just repeatedly reporting and reporting and maybe someone will catch the guy. This is not an easy fix. This is a difficult fix, and not instantaneous.

If anyone else has another suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again.
I'm aggravated for you. If you were to continue to leave it up to normal channels the issue may never get resolved. I'd consider walking in person armed with photos and explain to a person face to face what is going on...and keep doing it until the problem is solved. Time to get more aggressive if you want the problem resolved.

If the Trucker ever figures out, enforcement only works from Monday to Wednesday, he will know he is home free from Wednesday night until Monday morning.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I'm aggravated for you. If you were to continue to leave it up to normal channels the issue may never get resolved. I'd consider walking in person armed with photos and explain to a person face to face what is going on...and keep doing it until the problem is solved. Time to get more aggressive if you want the problem resolved.

If the Trucker ever figures out, enforcement only works from Monday to Wednesday, he will know he is home free from Wednesday night until Monday morning.

I'm sure all of these truckers have figured out that Mon-Wed. is the only time when there's enforcement. Ridiculous, right? Three days to deal with lots of these truckers who are abusing people's neighborhoods. This guy does seem to roll in later in the week, or at night when he can get at least a few hrs. guaranteed with no one able to ticket him.

Before I would walk in to an enforcement office in person, I would send a registered letter with photos and see if that gets any action. I'd indicate that when I report the truck again, they must come out within the hour to catch him. Otherwise, it's just a cat and mouse game that will never end, unless by chance they get him. I always have the license plate number (he seems to drive two different trucks, a green one and a red one), and I don't understand why the enforcement office doesn't have a way at their end to find out who that plate belongs to, and warn him that if he persists in parking at my location, he will be ticketed immediately. But as far as I know, this isn't part of their operations to do this. If this whole thing is dependent on catching these guys who come and go constantly within a 3 day period, that's almost hopeless. And the truckers know it. In fact, at the "fix it" site it says that it can take "up to 7 days" for them to act on a complaint. Seven days. But they only work 3 days a week. hardly designed to stop this problem.

I really thought the police would be an option on this, and I might still try it regardless of what she told me, because this is an ongoing problem and for me, a dangerous situation in backing out of the driveway. Do the police want a citizen to be injured or even killed trying to see around this truck? I don't think so.

Anyway, I might go in personally if all else fails. I'm trying to keep this low key and not find myself in harm's way with some crazy neighbor who will take out a grudge against me or my property for reporting him.

I will keep you all updated. Just wanted to let you know the real world challenges of dealing with stuff like this in Vegas. It's not an instant fix. Also, I don't live in an HOA neighborhood so people around here take advantage because they know there's no local neighborhood enforcement to put a stop to illegal street parking like this. So far, none of my other neighbors have seen fit to report this truck. I don't hang out with the neighbors, so have no idea what their perception of this is. Maybe they just ignore it. But I can't ignore it because it puts me directly in harm's way.

Thanks again for any further suggestions, numbers to call, or anyone else you think could be of help.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:39 PM

1,633 posts, read 1,721,956 times
I hate to say it, but you should probably just let it go, learn to live with it and get on with your life. Don't let it keep getting to you because you may never get the result you want. Even if he gets several tickets or warnings, it could be a long time before his rig gets towed or a boot put on it. Cheaper for him to pay the fines than find a different place to park it.

I lived next to a house that had six German Shepherds that barked 24/7. I tried everything under the sun to get someone in Clark County government to make it stop, a judge sent him letters. I finally sold the house and moved.

Jerks have more rights than good people. It's nearly impossible to get problems like these solved everywhere these days. Not enough police, too many criminals and lawbreakers who only care about themselves. I don't know what the solution is for the guy who owns the truck. He's trying to do his job and make a living. Where is he supposed to park that monster and keep the cars on it safe? I'm not standing up for him parking there, but looking at both sides of the coin.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:06 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,520,135 times
Have you tried parking your car in that spot?

Old 09-15-2022, 07:59 PM

1,633 posts, read 1,721,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Good idea, but then he would probably park in front of her house, lol.

No point getting into p*ssing matches with idiots and a**holes.

I'd try the friendly neighbor approach and ask the guy if he could park somewhere that didn't block my view when I wanted to leave my driveway. Record it on your phone. If he's a jerk, then you go to the police with a real complaint.

If other neighbors complain, you have to get their statements in writing. It's a never ending battle and I gave up. Life really is too short.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:03 AM

395 posts, read 273,436 times
Try filing a complaint with your city ward leader /
council person. They have more sway and
connections than the average resident. You'd be surprised
at how fast they can get something fixed when they
act on an issue.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
Try filing a complaint with your city ward leader /
council person. They have more sway and
connections than the average resident. You'd be surprised
at how fast they can get something fixed when they
act on an issue.

Thanks, I will add that to my possible ways to approach this situation.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

I thought about that, and also thought about putting my trash cans out there. But I rejected that idea. First, I would then be identified as the person who is complaining, because he would know who the car belongs to. Same with the trash cans. Second, I don't want to put my car in harm's way, where he could potentially accidentally hit me in the middle of the nite (where he's not expecting anything to be parked there, because nothing ever is, no other neighbors, no one has ever parked in that area). Bad ideas, I'm not going to use my own vehicle in this mess to do anything. As for putting trash cans there which was my other idea, that again would identify me, and it's just a short term fix. He'd probably just push the cans out of the way down the street and I'd be identified as the person putting them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas