Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2022, 02:29 PM

228 posts, read 197,241 times

Advertisements

It was announced in the Nevada Business, that Helios has broke ground on the new Medical facility.
I have seen the population grow in just the 5 short years we have been here.
We really need this in N. Las Vegas, but I know it will bring more traffic. I can not wait to see what it does for house prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 08:11 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
Medical facility = hospital, or medical office complex?

Old 10-07-2022, 08:49 PM

31 posts, read 26,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Medical facility = hospital, or medical office complex?
Both, plus much more. A grocery store, retail, restaurants, gym, banks, etc.

A 600 bed hospital is proposed, not even UMC is that large. Only Sunrise Hospital on the strip is larger than that. Per the Review Journal, a hospital partner will be announced in 2023. As a local hospital RN, I am extremely hopeful that St Rose Dignity Health contracts for a new facility with them. I'd also be happy with Kaiser Permanente.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...vegas-2651435/

Old 10-08-2022, 06:51 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,019 times
Hopefully they can find enough qualified medical professionals to staff the hospital.

Old 10-10-2022, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Hopefully they can find enough qualified medical professionals to staff the hospital.
That is what I am thinking. If you build it Will they come? My spouse is an RN at the VA and it is hard for them to get help. Part of the problem is the time it takes for a new hire. It can take up to a year and most will/can not wait that long.

Old 10-26-2022, 01:27 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Is this the 3 billion dollar project at the VA? I can’t wait for the new shopping up here. I read the development is being done by the same people who did lake Las Vegas so I am hoping it’s beautiful like that too.

It took my husband 6 months with the VA here for his hiring process. Another friend of his it took four years before he got his transfer request to another State, but working for them is really good. My husband is happy there and says he plans to work there until his retirement so I am glad he’s found his place where he feels respected and belongs and we can settle down now with no more moving all over the country. I am not happy he had to work the Covid unit for the past several years and caught it 3 times and now he has long Covid, but it is what it is.

Old 10-26-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Is this the 3 billion dollar project at the VA? I can’t wait for the new shopping up here. I read the development is being done by the same people who did lake Las Vegas so I am hoping it’s beautiful like that too.

It took my husband 6 months with the VA here for his hiring process. Another friend of his it took four years before he got his transfer request to another State, but working for them is really good. My husband is happy there and says he plans to work there until his retirement so I am glad he’s found his place where he feels respected and belongs and we can settle down now with no more moving all over the country. I am not happy he had to work the Covid unit for the past several years and caught it 3 times and now he has long Covid, but it is what it is.
My spouse has been at this VA for 5 years and 16 yr's at a VA in Texas. The transfer from Texas took about 3 months, but yes the new hire can take up to a year.
I was confused as to the land it would go on. I thought it was going to be across the 215, but I think it is the land across Pecos. 135 acres does not sound that big to me, but I'm not a builder.
While this area was not our first choice, being close to work is. I think by the time it is complete, we will downsize to a highrise (7-10 years), but I am hoping it will add to the value of our house. They said, that it will be a medicare friendly hospital and coupled with the VA, will make it great.
We live in a 55+ community, so hopefully, it will be a draw to our community. Having the shopping, we may end up staying in our current home.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:38 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellwouldyoulookatthat View Post
Both, plus much more. A grocery store, retail, restaurants, gym, banks, etc.

A 600 bed hospital is proposed, not even UMC is that large. Only Sunrise Hospital on the strip is larger than that. Per the Review Journal, a hospital partner will be announced in 2023. As a local hospital RN, I am extremely hopeful that St Rose Dignity Health contracts for a new facility with them. I'd also be happy with Kaiser Permanente.
My family would be extremely happy with Kaiser Permanente, but it is not worth moving back to CA.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:37 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
My spouse has been at this VA for 5 years and 16 yr's at a VA in Texas. The transfer from Texas took about 3 months, but yes the new hire can take up to a year.
I was confused as to the land it would go on. I thought it was going to be across the 215, but I think it is the land across Pecos. 135 acres does not sound that big to me, but I'm not a builder.
While this area was not our first choice, being close to work is. I think by the time it is complete, we will downsize to a highrise (7-10 years), but I am hoping it will add to the value of our house. They said, that it will be a medicare friendly hospital and coupled with the VA, will make it great.
We live in a 55+ community, so hopefully, it will be a draw to our community. Having the shopping, we may end up staying in our current home.
My Grandpa had a 200 acre farm and we lived on 40 acres of it for about 5 years while I was growing up. It's big. Tho I'm not sure much housing can be built there if that's in the plan. We sold it to a golf course and if they ever defaulted on payments we'd get a family owned golf course. They ended up taking one corner of it and developing it into two nice streets of housing so they would never default on payments, but they didn't fit many homes in that area I thought. Now I have extended family that plays on that golf course.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:43 PM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
This is the land that used to be called the Deer Springs District by NLV.

UNLV actually owns the land across the 215 and they were rumored to eventually have a medical campus there or some sorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas