Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 09:21 AM

327 posts, read 447,947 times

Advertisements

Apartments.com Releases October 2022 Rent Growth Report

Monthly Rents Decline for Third Month in a Row, New Deliveries Dramatically Outpace Demand
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Growth-Report

Quote:
Las Vegas isn’t far behind with year over year asking rents down to 1.5% in October compared to 22.0% at the beginning of 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 10:17 AM

1,086 posts, read 750,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
So that’s why our landlord is suddenly interested in keeping us put. We didn’t hear from them for three years which was a breath of fresh air after our last miserable landlords that we got to see twice a year for inspections and heard from regularly about every nit picky bs they could think of. They were so anal and greedy it was awful being exploited by them in the end so we wrote the BBB.

I’m glad the feds are hitting the reset button, but we ended up buying a house outside the country first cuz the inflation and markets crashing is global and it was much cheaper there to pick up property now. Plus we have a home to flee to if our country descends into fascism. If we can make it out in time.
I am one of those anal and nit picky landlords who has my properties inspected twice a year. I have had too many tenants that ignore things like water leaks that cause tremendous damage to MY property. Plus, we actually fix stuff to keep the property nice for the tenant. Call it what you like but not all tenants are as good as you might be. In fact, in my extensive personal experience, tenants tend to be MUCH harder on properties than owner-occupiers.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:03 PM

956 posts, read 794,833 times
Sold my 2bdrm, 1ba condo at the end of April (great timing!) to Opendoor. Opendoor seemed to get worried after the initial sale fell through and dumped the unit for a loss.

Now I see the new owners are trying to rent the unit. They asked $1250 and after 28 days, just lowered it to $950. That's quite a concession.

Old 11-13-2022, 11:19 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,733,563 times
The house next door to me sold to Opendoor in July 2021. They had to do a lot of interior work to clean it up. It was rented for a while, but has been sitting empty for a few months. Somebody is losing some money on that deal.

Old 11-21-2022, 02:45 PM

Default Coming soon

Rental Collapse Getting Worse. (Investors Panic)
https://www.reventure.app/blog/rents...now-what-to-do

Looking forward to it. Paid our rent on time and in full throughout the lockdown/pandemic. Rarely call if we can fix it ourselves. Requests for more extensive repairs are ignored (unless AC).

Got a massive raise despite the rental getting older and shabbier (no maintenance whatsoever.) When I asked why, since we weren't getting any more for our money, actually less, the answer was "Rents have really gone up." Translation: "We're going to gouge you because we can."

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-21-2022 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: type: gouge, not gauge

Old 11-21-2022, 07:26 PM

Last edited by Mike from back east; Today at 02:53 PM.. Reason: type: gouge, not gauge

Thanks for fixing typo - that's service!

Lease renewal: when they gauge how deep they can gouge.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:49 PM

Default Investors down 44.8% YoY in LV

Old 11-30-2022, 03:50 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,349,661 times
Im moving to Vegas from California in January. Was easier to get into an apartment doing everything online. Im hoping the housing market continues to go down because I plan to get out of that apartment and into a house next year sometime. Im wondering if there will be even more houses available to rent if the market really bottoms out next year and owners decide to rent rather than sell for a loss. Happened out here in California back in 2008 when everything crashed. Owner pulled the house off the market rather than lose money on it and put it up for rent instead. I was able to get it and lived there for 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: