Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 2,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
I see that humor is not one of your strong suits.
I read it as a joke esp the AOL ( I still have an acct but not on dialup albeit I don't use). I think the other poster just misread. It is hard to remember when peeps don't know us the written word is so dry. (Course I have a dry sense of humor ; so may be wrong word)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2023, 12:21 PM

5 posts, read 2,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Paid cash at LaPosada, Summerlin in late 2008. IMO, by the time LV was declared the new family destination, it was already ruined. Education levels are low, CCSD is horrible. I do have a lot of respect for UNLV, though.
So have you decided on your landing point? I'm looking as well. But I was just reading about rattlesnakes in Mesquite. I would die if I saw one and my little dog would think it was new toy. We'd both be splat!

Old 03-21-2023, 11:44 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,588,708 times
Have you considered Pahrump? Might be something to look into. Lots of retirees and good prices on homes. Several new developments going in too.

Old 03-24-2023, 09:17 AM

1,934 posts, read 820,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Have you considered Pahrump? Might be something to look into. Lots of retirees and good prices on homes. Several new developments going in too.
Looked at Pahrump myself. Mountain Falls has 55 plus and non age restricted homes new and existing. If you like quiet and are concern if there is a lack of urban/suburban amenities Pahrump could be a good choice. A weekly or semi weekly drive to Las Vegas might be needed.

Old 03-25-2023, 01:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupee View Post
So have you decided on your landing point? I'm looking as well. But I was just reading about rattlesnakes in Mesquite. I would die if I saw one and my little dog would think it was new toy. We'd both be splat!

You won't die if you see one. I once had to share a bathroom with a rattlesnake. My picture of the snake is in this site somewhere. It was a choice of 2 bathrooms: One had spiders all over the walls and ceiling, and around the toilet. One had a rattlesnake digesting it's food behind the trash can. i picked the rattlesnake. I had to go, so that was the lesser threat to me at the time. The snake I shared the bathroom with was in a a remote park somewhere in Nevada.

And for what it is worth, I have been to Mesquite thousands of times in the last 30 years, and never saw a rattlesnake there. So don't worry about it. The only thing that really BUGGED me the most about Mesquite in the summer time is the giant field roaches everywhere and they will actually chase you sometimes. THAT is freaky.

Old 10-21-2023, 05:39 PM

251 posts, read 203,641 times
Last week I spent 1.5 days in Mesquite on my way back to LV from Wyoming. Cute town, quite a few amenities (various fitness clubs / studios, different types of restaurants, etc.). Highly recommend D'Thai restaurant. I ended up talking with quite a few residents and business owners, most of which were 60s+ though there were some younger ones. Everyone said they loved living there. The town looks pretty new structurally and is very clean. Weather and mountain views were amazing with nice cool breezes at night and early morning. As someone else said, if you need higher end or more specialty stores, St. George is an easy distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas