Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 02:02 PM

5 posts, read 1,000 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking into moving to Vegas hopefully by year end. Looking at SW area. I see lots of new builds opening all around town. What are your opinions on these new constructions? I hear lots of horror stories about cheap quality and finance issues if you use the builder’s lender. Does anyone have any experience with these? They all look beautiful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 02:41 PM

1,633 posts, read 1,723,967 times
You are going to have to be more specific about what builders, where they are located, prices etc. Keep in mind, there a may be expenses after closing like landscaping and window treatments. It's always best to shop for the best mortgage deal you can find.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:09 PM

Hi. Pulte and TriPointe are the builders I have looked at. I am looking in the southwest area of Vegas. I believe the area is near rainbow crossing? Yes I understand the cost will be more after you go to the showroom and pick out upgrades. But I am wondering about the quality of homes and if people have had issues after 1 year with things not working such as HVAC unit

Old 04-29-2024, 04:09 PM

Do a Google search for "tri pointe homes las vegas reviews". 14 reviews, 3 star average.

https://www.newhomesource.com/builde...las-vegas-area

Pulte was well regarded 5 years ago when I bought my house (Lennar). I don't have any current information.

You probably won't get many replies on city-data, not many people post here now.

It's much better to have a good realtor help you. It's their job to help you find a good house in a good area.

You are talking about "upgrades" when you go to the showroom to choose flooring, appliances, etc. I was referring to the things you have to pay for after closing that are not part of new construction. I've bought and sold several homes, including some that were new construction. It's less expensive to find a fairly new house that has everything done. People who bought my custom homes got great deals and I lost a lot of money on expensive upgrades and after closing costs.

Last edited by movin1; 04-29-2024 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the reply. That site was helpful

Old 04-30-2024, 11:27 AM

28 posts, read 4,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchin2 View Post
Hello, I am looking into moving to Vegas hopefully by year end. Looking at SW area. I see lots of new builds opening all around town. What are your opinions on these new constructions? I hear lots of horror stories about cheap quality and finance issues if you use the builder’s lender. Does anyone have any experience with these? They all look beautiful
I would be careful buying a home that was not lived in for at least 5 years.

Also, you have to find an inspector that is honest, because there are lots of hucksters in this town, so be careful on that.

Its a very strange city, my friend. I have been here for 20 years, on and off, and it just a "watch your back", city, very similar to LA or other bigger cities. I am not trying to discourage you, but rather want you to beware of what you are getting into.

Also, make sure you look up your neighbors on the Clark County Assessor page, so learn about them and their background. Even in good neighborhoods, you have some strange people lurking.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:37 AM

7,925 posts, read 3,892,105 times
In general, if you are purchasing pre-construction, you'll have something like a 10 year warranty on latent defects (hidden). The HVAC will have its own warranty - 5 years? - and all the appliances will come with warranties from their manufacturers.

Large production builders like Pulte and Lennar in general do a good job and stand behind their product. Of course, every now and then, a wonky subcontractor does something stupid during construction, but they try hard not to let that happen.

Decades ago, there were issues with drywall manufactured in China (IIRC) and issues with "soft brass" (yellow) plumbing fixtures springing leaks after several years, but all of that has been cleaned up under warranty.

Old 04-30-2024, 01:10 PM

1,989 posts, read 956,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchin2 View Post
Pulte and TriPointe are the builders I have looked at.

Pulte has been around for a long time. My parents bought a Pulte home and they never had issues, however this was in Florida in the 2000s. I'd buy a Pulte home based on their experience, and they have decent reviews everywhere.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:16 PM

26,233 posts, read 49,118,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Pulte has been around for a long time. My parents bought a Pulte home and they never had issues, however this was in Florida in the 2000s. I'd buy a Pulte home based on their experience, and they have decent reviews everywhere.
Pulte has a pretty good reputation in most markets.

I wonder if Yelp would help the O.P. select a home inspector; does anyone have any experience with that?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:32 PM

Tim Ganey - Desert Home Inspections. 702-379-1508

deserthomeinspect.com

Tim was my home inspector, highly recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: