Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:02 AM

16 posts, read 9,382 times

Advertisements

Legally a truck driver from Europe has no possibilities of coming here.

Illegally come overstay like many Europeans do and work... but driving trucks is something you'll need a social security for.

Illegals here do crappy agriculture, cleaning, baby sitting jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 02:16 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
Uhhh, I don’t think so. There are literally millions of illegal aliens in the US that live, work, have tons of children, live here all their lives. They even get welfare, government assistance, free medical care. If I have any advice for the OP, just get here. Once your in, your just about golden. Keep your head down, be the Grey Man. Work for cash, lots of employers, especially in the construction trade, restaurant and agriculture will “look the other way”. They are begging for truck drivers in the US. If you have the money, get a used truck, start a hauling service for cash.
The question was not "How can I get deported with nothing but the clothes on my back after serving a couple of years for tax evasion?" I only bring it up because you gave very good answer to that.

OP, this is terrible advice. Sadly, there's no good advice. An engagement ring or a PhD in biochemistry will open doors, not much below that. Although I will suggest signing up for the Green Card lottery. It's an annual thing and you may catch a break.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:21 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy.murray View Post
Illegals here do crappy agriculture, cleaning, baby sitting jobs.
Yep. If you're gutting chicken for Tyson or picking crops, the USCIS seems rather uninterested, for some rea$on. And this may be a beneficial situation if the alternative is being poor in Honduras.

But if you're driving a truck in Germany? Trying to convert that to the existence of an undocumented person in the US is a serious drop in quality of life on every level. The fully-legal independent contractors who hall containers out of the Port of LA have a hard time getting above poverty level.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 9,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yep. If you're gutting chicken for Tyson or picking crops, the USCIS seems rather uninterested, for some rea$on. And this may be a beneficial situation if the alternative is being poor in Honduras.

But if you're driving a truck in Germany? Trying to convert that to the existence of an undocumented person in the US is a serious drop in quality of life on every level. The fully-legal independent contractors who hall containers out of the Port of LA have a hard time getting above poverty level.
Agreed.

There are visas for highly qualified immigrants but obviously that does not include truck driving.

Illegals stay but the jobs they do are jobs literally NO ONE wants.

In Alabama for example illegals pick cotton in the summer heat. (Leaving Germany with health insurance and job entitlements) to come do illegal immigrant level jobs in the US is something only a truly silly person would do.

Old 01-17-2022, 06:25 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
OP left this board almost year ago ...

Old 05-28-2022, 09:24 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,602,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
Uhhh, I don’t think so. There are literally millions of illegal aliens in the US that live, work, have tons of children, live here all their lives. They even get welfare, government assistance, free medical care. If I have any advice for the OP, just get here. Once your in, your just about golden. Keep your head down, be the Grey Man. Work for cash, lots of employers, especially in the construction trade, restaurant and agriculture will “look the other way”. They are begging for truck drivers in the US. If you have the money, get a used truck, start a hauling service for cash.
Its true a lot of people work here in America illegally and get paid in cash, but you must be a citizen to receive welfare, free medical care, and government assistance. Even if somebody has a child in America, only the child is a citizen, not the parent. Any benefits would go to the child.
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...immigrant.html
Also, once the youngest child turns 21, if the government knows the parent is here, there are banned from the USA 3 to 10 years.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:47 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,199,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
…you must be a citizen to receive welfare, free medical care, and government assistance. Even if somebody has a child in America, only the child is a citizen, not the parent. Any benefits would go to the child.
Also, once the youngest child turns 21, if the government knows the parent is here, there are banned from the USA 3 to 10 years.
In my state the specifically mention how undocumented may receive an assistance from day one.

Once you qualify for 1 specific benefit - you automatically qualify for them all, like even heating/electric assistance, cell, internet, food, etc

Old 05-29-2022, 07:50 AM

24,604 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
Its true a lot of people work here in America illegally and get paid in cash, but you must be a citizen to receive welfare, free medical care, and government assistance. Even if somebody has a child in America, only the child is a citizen, not the parent. Any benefits would go to the child.
Your statement about benefits is incorrect.

Be so kind and post an official link for your statement about a 3-10 year ban. Thank you.

Old 06-01-2022, 09:03 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
It is not about helping the economy -- it is about not being a drain on the economy. Someone with half a million-plus is not going to be signing up for food stamps and caresource.
Half a million doesn't go very far nowadays, especially since many that emigrate to the U.S. use that money to buy a house. After that, they still have a lot of expenses.

Old 06-03-2022, 04:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,099,283 times
I have 3 passports, including an EU one… I just wonder why you want to move to USA… what about it is calling you?

EU has plenty of awesome places to live… were it not for my current family situation, I’d love to spent a good portion of my life there, countryside… not in a city. I spent 2 months in a small town outside of Toulouse France and it was fantastic. Huge mountains, beautiful old architecture, bakeries etc.

Whatever you want in USA, other than guns, can be found in EU. But I also know plenty of guns can be purchased in some EU countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration