Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 AM

60 posts, read 112,457 times

Advertisements

what i meant in the previous statement is that when mexicans get deported the house in which the 25 ppl living there goes into foreclosure. across the board these ppl sign loans they dont understand therefore whether they get deported or not they lose the house because they dont understand the loan. because of this outcome we lose equity and our values bottom out. the fact is i went to the closing table and the bank discovered the ss was false and belonged to a dead man.... needless to say they got deported... and before the deportation the guy got 5 years before he can go to mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 11:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
He said that once they get deported, the house goes too. I guess the house has loyalties outside our borders as well. I'm now envisioning an exodus of illegals being deported, and they are all traveling back to Mexico with their houses in tow. Google satellite would get some great images!
You keep cracking me up, and I can't rep you.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:57 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,351,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Camargo View Post
people of mexican decent do all the jobs we either refuse to do or dont get paid enough to do. if they sent them all back the fact would be america would shut down. the alternative would be chaos because we as americans will not do the labor they do for the price they pay them
That's bologna. What it would MEAN is that companies, rather than making HUGE profits and paying CEO's huge salaries, would have to pay decent wages to their workers, and actually follow the laws! Oh, my!!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,551,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
That's bologna. What it would MEAN is that companies, rather than making HUGE profits and paying CEO's huge salaries, would have to pay decent wages to their workers, and actually follow the laws! Oh, my!!
I think it is a little of both, like I asked above, many of you are of older American hard-working generations, do you really know that today's kids want to do landscaping?

Look at this poll in New York:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ll-1595-a.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...your-lawn.html

Notice 0 neighborhood kids.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post

Like that would really happen in this greed infested nation

Old 08-05-2008, 12:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You know I really wish we could get a job fair together with all of these "jobs Americans won't do" and see just how many Americans would really show up these days, I think much of the crowd here on the internet who would do these jobs are from older generation.

Personally, I never understood why landscaping companies always seem to hire immigrants. When I was a child there were many Americans doing these jobs in Florida, shoot I did it. Now-a-days landscapers have drop-houses with 20 illegals living in it.

Does anyone have a study that shows Americans would line up to be landscapers these days?

How much would Americans want compared to what immigrants or illegals are getting? Is it really that big of a difference?
As you know, ALL of the so-called jobs Americans won't do, have been done for years by legal citizens. This is greed, period. I think you would be surprised to see the turnout, IF decent wages were being offered.

This merely a snippet.

Tough life lesson may await job-seeking teens (http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/05/12/news/life/155173.txt - broken link)

Thousands apply for limited jobs as local economy drags - Cleveland Business News – The Latest Breaking News, Earnings Reports and Stories from The Plain Dealer

Thousands apply at Book Cadillac (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080715/BIZ/807150340 - broken link)

News10.net | Sacramento, California | Local News Thousands Apply for Jobs At Outdoor Megastore (http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=45312&provider=top - broken link)

Old 08-05-2008, 12:03 PM

we send our kids to school so that they do not have to be land scapers. Get rid of the mexicans and make the welfare cases who are able but not willing to work get a job or place them to do the mexican labor....

Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,353,368 times
Quote:
You know I really wish we could get a job fair together with all of these "jobs Americans won't do" and see just how many Americans would really show up these days, I think much of the crowd here on the internet who would do these jobs are from older generation.

Personally, I never understood why landscaping companies always seem to hire immigrants. When I was a child there were many Americans doing these jobs in Florida, shoot I did it. Now-a-days landscapers have drop-houses with 20 illegals living in it.

Does anyone have a study that shows Americans would line up to be landscapers these days?

How much would Americans want compared to what immigrants or illegals are getting? Is it really that big of a difference?

There are plenty of parts of the country where Americans still do these jobs-the parts that have not become completely overrun with illegals. I live in central NH. While southern NH has had a huge increase in illegals(number still small compared to other states but the % increase is bad), where I live in central NH is not too bad.

I live in a town house. The landscapers are all local born and bred Americans. Two of the farms that I go to to buy produce have Americans not only picking and growing the produce but working the farmstand. I have discussed with both farms' owners if they have problems finding workers and was told NO. This is pretty much the norm in central NH. At least until the illegals arrive, Americans are fired and then the lies of "jobs Americans won't do" are spread around here.

I will say that in southern NH apple season is huge. For years-Jamacian workers-LEGAL-have been brought in seasonally to pick apples because there was a need. They pick apples side by side with AMERICANS. The Jamacian workers go home after apple season is over. Some of them have been doing this for 20 years. In this case there is a need. Americans do this job but more labor is needed.

There is a lot of construction going on in my area and guess what- I would say 99% of the construction workers are-gasp-Americans I have seen a few areas-more common in the southern part with Hispanic men driving cars with out of state plates like North Carolina. Do I know that they are illegal? NO. However the majority of construction workers are Americans.

Southern NH is starting to see illegals work in landscaping and also in janitorial places. My husband works for a major insurer. About a year ago, all the people who cleaned the office were Americans and employees of the company. The company got cheap-fired all the cleaners and outsourced to a company that has been caught using illegal labor on more than one occasion. They are on their second or third company and no one speaks English. WHy was foreign labor-legal or illegal needed here? Americans did it willingly and did a great job. They did not quit-their jobs were outsourced to benefit illegal aliens and now who knows legal or illegal. What about the Americans who had this job? Americans did clean the toilets and empty the wastebaskets before they were fired to bring in others to do the jobs. The Americans did a much better job too. There are complaints all the time as to how clean the office and bathrooms are.

I could go on and on. The point is that Americans are doing these jobs. So what is the excuse? Americans will do these jobs until enough illegals are here and then more Americans will lose their jobs to the tune of the song "Jobs lazy Americans refuse to do".

I worked as a chambermaid, in resturants and on a farm in my home state of New Jersey-before it was overrun with illegals. My dad did drywall and masonry for many many summers. Just like in many other families around this country, my family has worked in every industry that the pro-illegals now claim that "Americans refuse to do".

Old 08-05-2008, 12:11 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,351,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Camargo View Post
Like that would really happen in this greed infested nation
And wouldn't it be just HORRIBLE if these companies were forced to hire actual American citizens?

"We the People" are going to force them to, one way or another, in 5 years or maybe in 25 years.

I cannot emphasize enough that 10 years ago, when I began to follow this whole issue, NOTHING was happening - now, LOOK at things! All those towns and states forcing illegals out, all the talk in elections about illegal immigration, uprisings by local citizens on the border, etc. It cannot be stopped now, UNTIL our federal government gets some balls and does the right thing by the American citizens. If they actually enforce the laws in regards to illegal aliens, we'll just sit back and breathe a big sigh of relief.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,493,845 times
Quote:

On the flip side of the coin, how many employers will hire American citizens given the choice between an illegal and a US citizen? There are enough morally bankrupt, unscrupulous employers that this is a real problem. See, when one of them wails that they cannot get Americans to do these jobs, I am never sure if that is true or not.
First of all, these jobs have historically been done by Americans. (Cindy Crawford worked picking corn in Dekalb county during her summers before she became famous)IA enablers can say we are 'lazy' and so forth (which we are not, IMO) but when you stop to take a look at the bigger picture, to me it does not add up. IMO, this is a time when our country's middle and lower classes are really being squeezed. If the husband knew how to do construction work, I suspect he would be willing to take a second job on weekends working as a roofer if it meant his family could stay in their home. Or a wife and mother would take a job as a waitress while the kids are in school to help keep the family afloat. Today these people who want to work, need to work will not be hired.
Also, college costs are in the stratosphere compared to when I went to school (back in the Dark Ages). I think the myth of the spoiled teen who never works and wants an iphone or whatever is just that for the most part- a myth. Many kids I know need to earn money for college and the jobs that teens used to do during the summer and after school are simply not there anymore. I saw this with my daughter several years ago. No one could find full time work over the summer. They all ended up cobbling together a few hours here and a few hours there supplemented with a regular babysitting job. If kids in the suburbs can't find much work, what work is available for inner city teens? Probably nothing. And then people complain about them. But if the ones who want a job can't find anything, don't be surprised if they end up hanging out with their friends all summer.
an aside: Mayor Daley likes to plant things all over the place. I am a gardener so I can understand his need to do so. I wrote him and asked why all his numerous landscaping crews are invariably all hispanic. Couldn't he at least require that half of the jobs go to kids in the inner city?

To make a long story short, I take these employers claims that no one will apply for their jobs with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration