Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,982,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Bad neighborhood. Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM

442 posts, read 540,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Bad neighborhood. Enough said.
There might be people who look different than you there, you're right. Don't buy that house.

On that note, Covington/Cinci have endless character in comparison to C-bus, but C-bus is obviously the larger municipality with the better economy.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
There might be people who look different than you there, you're right. Don't buy that house.

On that note, Covington/Cinci have endless character in comparison to C-bus, but C-bus is obviously the larger municipality with the better economy.
With all due respect, that's just as bad a neighborhood whether you're white, black, green, purple, or have little Martian stalks growing out of your head. Property values look really cheap, and there's a reason. The crime is equal-opportunity.

Just curious, are you familiar with the area, or just making an assumption about me?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
With all due respect, that's just as bad a neighborhood whether you're white, black, green, purple, or have little Martian stalks growing out of your head. Property values look really cheap, and there's a reason. The crime is equal-opportunity.

Just curious, are you familiar with the area, or just making an assumption about me?
I actually know that very street. It's not as bad as you make it out to be. There are more "hood" places in Andover Forest.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I actually know that very street. It's not as bad as you make it out to be. There are more "hood" places in Andover Forest.
I guess beyond a kind of vaguely racial reference, I don't really know what "hood places" means. I can only say there are other places I'd look for a home in that general part of town, in terms of personal safety and stability of property values. If the OP is still reading and would like to message me, I'll be happy to share what I know that might be helpful. FTR, I'm not in the real estate business or anything. Just happened to notice the thread on this forum because of the question I asked in another thread.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM

131 posts, read 320,995 times
Quote:

Actually, the Cincinnati metropolitan area is larger than the Columbus metro area (although you are correct if referring just to the city propers - however that is a meaningless comparison)... roughly 2.3 million to 1.7/1.8 million...

Old 12-15-2011, 12:59 PM

131 posts, read 320,995 times
Quote:

Also, how "obvious" is it that C-Bus has a better economy than the Cincinnati region? Cite some statistics to back up your pronouncement.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonToKC View Post
Also, how "obvious" is it that C-Bus has a better economy than the Cincinnati region? Cite some statistics to back up your pronouncement.
google.com

But really, Columbus has a more diverse economy.

Cincinnati isn't bad, it's just not as good as Columbus.

Also, yes, I was referencing city proper, which I feel has a LOT to do with everything.

On that note, I'd rather live in the city of Cincinnati.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,438 times
Please tell me all relevant relocation info for Columbus Ky. I am interested in moving there because of the affordable housing in country setting. I'm originally from Central America and have lived upstate New York for a number of years. What is the catch for such affordable housing?

Old 01-06-2015, 02:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
To find the relevant relocation info for Columbus you should look into the Columbus, Ohio thread.
Columbus is in Ohio.

But affordable housing abounds in many parts of Kentucky also. I am not so sure there is a catch for why housing is more affordable in one area of the country as opposed to another - some areas are just more costly to live in than others. It is often (not always) more affordable to live in a country setting rather than in an urban setting, different regions have differences also....A realtor or real estate agent can probably answer your question better than I ever could though.

Thank you so much for visiting the Kentucky thread though, and "Welcome to Kentucky" if you decide to visit or move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area