Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2023, 08:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,206 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm trying to gather data to support my desire to start a commercial cleaning service. I would like your input and very much appreciate it.

Is the commercial (office) cleaning market too saturated in central Kentucky?

What services would you expect or desire from someone cleaning your office?

Current rates being charged?Are rates in the area comfortable for business owners? Need to be reduced? Fit within budget?

Any additional (bonus) services that would entice you to switch cleaning service providers?

Again, all input is valued and appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 08:50 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
I can't speak to your area or industry, but one tid bit that comes to mind. My wife works for a school and they hired on commercial cleaners. The company they hired didn't last long though. The reason? They had no knowledge of the chemicals they were using or how to handle exposures to them.

As a commercial cleaning company you should have a list of all potentially toxic chemicals and what do in cases of emergencies like ingesting the cleaners or getting it in your eyes. Make sure you document what chemicals you use and how to deal with exposures.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I can't speak to your area or industry, but one tid bit that comes to mind. My wife works for a school and they hired on commercial cleaners. The company they hired didn't last long though. The reason? They had no knowledge of the chemicals they were using or how to handle exposures to them.

As a commercial cleaning company you should have a list of all potentially toxic chemicals and what do in cases of emergencies like ingesting the cleaners or getting it in your eyes. Make sure you document what chemicals you use and how to deal with exposures.
Thank you for the input. It is very much appreciated.

I currently work in an industrial setting and am very familiar with hazard assessment and safety data sheets in regards to cleaning chemicals. It would be a very important safety aspect of a commercial cleaning service as well.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:07 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
Make sure you document what chemicals you use and how to deal with exposures.
That's federal law, Have to have the MSDS (material safety data sheets) with you. I worked agronomy for the KYDOT for several years. We had to have the MSDS sheets in the truck with us, we had to be ready to tell them what herbicide we were using, how much we were using and what we were using it on. The maintenance facilities have the sheets on everything used in the building.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
That's federal law, Have to have the MSDS (material safety data sheets) with you. I worked agronomy for the KYDOT for several years. We had to have the MSDS sheets in the truck with us, we had to be ready to tell them what herbicide we were using, how much we were using and what we were using it on. The maintenance facilities have the sheets on everything used in the building.
Thank you for your input. I have a question in regards to this since you've dealt with it closely as well.

Given that it's required to have the safety data sheets on hand, what was your record retention method? Something like a binder that you kept in your truck I'm assuming or was a digital copy sufficient?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area