Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 12:54 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,908,064 times

Advertisements

I think in the past I have posted about Wildwood Park being one of the best kept secrets in central Arkansas, but it's worth mentioning again with this hot weather we are having. It is on Denny Road, west of Little Rock and is a wooded area with lots of (shady) walking trails. Many of the trails are wheelchair and baby stroller friendly. It is not unusual to see young mothers and/or nannies walking the trails pushing strollers. There is a lake and good picnic places. They also have a "bluebird trail" where one of the trails has several bluebird boxes up. It's a treat in the nesting season.

They also have a large auditorium and frequently have special events with plenty of parking, open to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 03:57 PM

Hey, I'm back talking about Wildwood Park again, but this time the weather is cold! They are getting ready for their Annual Lanterns! Festival. This has always been a big hit and members of my family always try to go to it. The current issue of "little rock family" has a good report on Wildwood and the festival and you can see more at www.WildwoodPark.org Enjoy

Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,415,420 times
Thank you sir, this is the year that I am going to check out the Wildwood Park. I love riding and running on the river trail and pinnacle mtn is my “go to hike.” But, several of my friends have been to functions at Wildwood and they all give great reports. Thanks for the bump, to remind me.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
Thank you sir, this is the year that I am going to check out the Wildwood Park. I love riding and running on the river trail and pinnacle mtn is my “go to hike.” But, several of my friends have been to functions at Wildwood and they all give great reports. Thanks for the bump, to remind me.

You are welcome. Enjoy

Old 03-01-2018, 12:40 PM

It should be a wonderful weekend for the Lanterns fest. The A D-G newspaper states the schedule is 9-10 P.M. Friday/Saturday and 8-9 P.M. Sunday. It says lots of food and fun.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:29 AM

"Wonderful weekend" - surprise! Did anyone make it? I couldn't

Old 03-05-2018, 11:03 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,415,420 times
i have been wanting to do the lantern festival for years, but it always falls during live horse racing season. maybe next year i can plan better and do both the same day. i better hurry, cause i am just about past the all day and half the night stuff.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
i have been wanting to do the lantern festival for years, but it always falls during live horse racing season. maybe next year i can plan better and do both the same day. i better hurry, cause i am just about past the all day and half the night stuff.
Wife almost cried when it started clouding up and tried to rain, so she didn't go. I wonder how it turned out. Gotta check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area