Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:58 PM

40 posts, read 97,064 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the weather forecast for the next week and it's rainy and cloudy. No sun. I was thinking about moving to Hot Springs Village but with a forecast like that I could stay in the North where it's cold and no sun. Is this typical for Jan or the winter? I'm looking for sunny days even if they are chilly - I need the sun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,906,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by followthegold View Post
I'm looking at the weather forecast for the next week and it's rainy and cloudy. No sun. I was thinking about moving to Hot Springs Village but with a forecast like that I could stay in the North where it's cold and no sun. Is this typical for Jan or the winter? I'm looking for sunny days even if they are chilly - I need the sun!

Yes, this is a typical January for us. There will be days of snow and ice, and days of 50 degrees. In the mountains around HSV you are more likely to have ice than snow, but also cloudy rainy days. However, there will be more sunny days than those. So come on down and enjoy The Natural State. I think you will be pleased

Old 01-14-2017, 09:12 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,409,638 times
I got to hs on Thursday afternoon and it was 72. I went for a run in shorts and a tee shirt and it was a great day for it. Today it is 45 with clouds and light rain. Monday forecast is 62 and 66 by Thursday.

As old fossil has said, "come on down." (Should be a great week for live horse racing at Oaklawn)

Old 01-14-2017, 09:31 AM

4,314 posts, read 4,003,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
I got to hs on Thursday afternoon and it was 72. I went for a run in shorts and a tee shirt and it was a great day for it. Today it is 45 with clouds and light rain. Monday forecast is 62 and 66 by Thursday.

As old fossil has said, "come on down." (Should be a great week for live horse racing at Oaklawn)
My $1 bet on a trifecta in the 4th won me $129.80.

You don't have to be a big time gambler to bet at Oaklawn.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
It is winter, you could be in Calif and have a week with no sun in January or New Mexico which also has sunshine 300 plus days a year..

It overcast here in NWA right now with some rain. But I bet it isn't nearly as cold as where you are. Actually we have had temps above normal almost the entire late fall and winter so far with lots of days in the 60s A few days ago it was 72 which set a record. You can't very well base a decision on a move because of one week in the winter or summer for that matter. there is a lot more to consider when planning a move than a few days of good or bad weather.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
My $1 bet on a trifecta in the 4th won me $129.80.

You don't have to be a big time gambler to bet at Oaklawn.
We invested $50.00 on line about 2 plus years ago. We bet on the big races, occassionally on Sat if there is anything running that catches our and we then watch the races on TV. We did lose our $50 last spring and had to invest another $50 of which we have $40 lest. Over 2 years of betting, 2 people and only lost $60 while having fun is pretty cheap entertainment.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,813,419 times
^ Really, today, 41 tomorrow 58, next 59, 50, 59, 64, 63, 61, 58, Mon- 47.. Crazy- We'll be in tea shirts next week .No real winter to speak of yet.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:45 PM

40 posts, read 97,064 times
I'm not planning a move on 1 week. But up here in MI it's cloudy for months on end during the winter. It's so depressing. And we also have had a warmer winter with those frigid dips now and then. I guess I saw that one cloudy week and my heart sank. Calif or NM are too hot for me. Years ago we had an acre and a half on Beaver Lake. It was beautiful. I'm hoping to make a trip to HSV in the next month or so. The pictures sure are pretty. No place is perfect.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:41 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,906,195 times
Quote:
I'm not planning a move on 1 week. But up here in MI it's cloudy for months on end during the winter. It's so depressing. And we also have had a warmer winter with those frigid dips now and then. I guess I saw that one cloudy week and my heart sank. Calif or NM are too hot for me. Years ago we had an acre and a half on Beaver Lake. It was beautiful. I'm hoping to make a trip to HSV in the next month or so. The pictures sure are pretty. No place is perfect.
Also, although HSV is in the Ouachita Mountains, it's at the lower elevations of the land form. We have it all. The higher elevations of the Ozarks and Ouachita's, mid elevation of the mid section river valley (i.e. Little Rock), and the almost sea level of the Delta. It can't get any better than this

Old 01-14-2017, 09:57 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,409,638 times
thank you old fossil, we do have it all here in Arkansas, including the delta area. This is a unique state for travel, fun and beauty. So op, come to visit the hot springs area before April 15 for live racing, but visit any part of this state and enjoy the fun and beauty that is applicable to that area. I am headed to north central Arkansas in the morning and back to southeast Arkansas by late evening. It is all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area