Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:55 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,102,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndindy View Post
The woman from Arkansas scoffed, telling me not to bring that up. She said the Clintons were a bad word and no one in Arkansas liked them. I was stunned
Why on Earth is that so stunning? The Clintons are Democrats and Arkansas---especially in this day and age of Donald Trump Republican politics---is one of the reddest states in America.

Also, keep in mind that The Clintons have been out of local Arkansas politics for going on 30 years at this point. That's an entire generation ago. So it's not weird or "stunning" at all that many people you mention the Clintons to in Arkansas almost 30 years after they left Arkansas politics wouldn't be dying to talk about them and wouldn't automatically sing their praises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 03:00 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Everyone I knew when I lived there liked Bill. Hillary not so much.
Sounds about like his presidency as well. Sometimes it seemed as though Bill was popular in spite of Hillary.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:53 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,914,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
I've been to Presidential Libraries all over the country, including LBJ's in Austin, Jimmy Carter's in Atlanta, and even JFK's in Boston. The Clinton Presidential Library is one of the nicest, IMO, and definitely one of my favorites.

The worst, most lackluster Presidential Library I have visited so far has probably been George W. Bush's.
just still got that new smell thats all.. LBJ here in austin not bad, been to it for my son history lesson.. just they could have done better job then making it look like a 2 story trailer.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:05 PM

69 posts, read 95,353 times
I think most people, even Arkansans, are a little tired of hearing of the Clintons. It's one of the few things people outside the state know about Arkansas so we all get asked about them quite a bit. Ready for new names in politics.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:30 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
I've been to Presidential Libraries all over the country, including LBJ's in Austin, Jimmy Carter's in Atlanta, and even JFK's in Boston. The Clinton Presidential Library is one of the nicest, IMO, and definitely one of my favorites.

The worst, most lackluster Presidential Library I have visited so far has probably been George W. Bush's.
+1
I've always had a soft spot for W but his library stinks. Clinton's is first rate, as is LBJ's.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
We have never been to the library but have heard it is pretty crappy compared to most presidentual libraries. Other than that, what people thought of them in the 90s and what they think now is very different. A state that was once pretty solid Blue is now almost 100% red. I have heard from a few people living here who have been part of the AR scene for years, he was, like most governors and even presidents accepted and liked even by some who didn't like his politics. As for Hillary she has never been the post popular girl on the street.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:44 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times
Only been to LBJ 's and that was a long time ago. Was in Dallas last fall but no time to visit GWB's . I would really like to visit Reagan's as IMHO, the best president in my lifetime.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Only been to LBJ 's and that was a long time ago. Was in Dallas last fall but no time to visit GWB's . I would really like to visit Reagan's as IMHO, the best president in my lifetime.
Whether the best of the worst President in our lives, Reagan library is a true work of art. The location alone makes it stand out in the minds of most. If you even get a chance, be sure to visit it. This goes for anyone visiting So CA for more than a few days. It should be on your "to do" list while in the L.A. area.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Whether the best of the worst President in our lives, Reagan library is a true work of art. The location alone makes it stand out in the minds of most. If you even get a chance, be sure to visit it. This goes for anyone visiting So CA for more than a few days. It should be on your "to do" list while in the L.A. area.
I did undergrad in the LA area for 4 years. I know the area and go to San Diego many times and we also have relatives in Sacramento area. Hopefully, some day we will the Reagan library.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:43 PM

7 posts, read 5,108 times
Bill is still pretty popular here. Hillary isn't. Honestly, she never really was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area