Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 AM

244 posts, read 540,299 times

Advertisements

I keep getting emails from Ed Mangano, from the email address info@nassaucountyny.gov, usually in response to any public outcry about his cuts to the police, or some other agency.

What I don't get is - WHY am I getting emails like this, to a business email address for a business registered and doing business in Suffolk County? I don't know where Nassau got this email address from, I don't use it except for business communications with companies I work for.

It did get into the spam databases out there about 14-15 years ago, through a mistake on my part, so I do get "real" spam to that address. But from NASSAU GOVERNMENT? Why is Nassau spamming me at an email address that no one else has but the spammers?

Or is there some larger conspiracy where someone is trying to get me pissed off at Mangano/Nassau? (no, I don't believe that - well not much anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mangano

Dear Neighbor,
I refuse to play politics with public safety. I understand why the PBA opposes my plan that reduces costly police overtime and eliminates unnecessary administrative positions, saving residents millions in higher taxes. I don’t understand why a few legislators are opposing saving residents up to $20 million. One has to question whether the PBA's $600,000 in political contributions has something to do with their fear mongering approach to the issue.

I had a choice. I could raise property taxes 19% or I could cut spending, including a long overdue reorganization of the police department. I chose to cut spending because I will not raise property taxes in this economy. The police reorganization plan takes cops from behind desks and reassigns them to community policing while keeping the same number of patrol cars on our streets.

Residents should not be fooled by the PBA's scare tactics. When you dial 911, the call goes to a 911 Call Center in New Cassel, then to the police car in your neighborhood. That will not change under this plan as all 177 patrol cars remain in their current neighborhoods. The three dozen six-figure salary police officers that staff administrative desk jobs in the back office of the police precinct will move. These officers are restricted by contractual rules from leaving their position to assist the public. They must man these positions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and do not have police cars at their disposal. This plan consolidates these administrative desk positions within four precincts while keeping all 8 current buildings open - four as precincts and four as Community Policing Centers.

In order to change the status quo, Nassau legislators must stand up to the special interests. I trust that a majority of Nassau County Legislators will as we must protect both public safety and family budgets.
Sincerely,

Edward P. Mangano
County Executive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 10:50 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat View Post
I keep getting emails from Ed Mangano, from the email address [EMAIL="info@nassaucountyny.gov"]info@nassaucountyny.gov[/EMAIL], usually in response to any public outcry about his cuts to the police, or some other agency.

What I don't get is - WHY am I getting emails like this, to a business email address for a business registered and doing business in Suffolk County? I don't know where Nassau got this email address from, I don't use it except for business communications with companies I work for.

It did get into the spam databases out there about 14-15 years ago, through a mistake on my part, so I do get "real" spam to that address. But from NASSAU GOVERNMENT? Why is Nassau spamming me at an email address that no one else has but the spammers?

Or is there some larger conspiracy where someone is trying to get me pissed off at Mangano/Nassau? (no, I don't believe that - well not much anyway)
Is there a link you can click at the bottom to take your name off?

You can always block the email address or set your filters to automatically delete it.

As for why you're getting the spam in the first place, if you've ever written to them, you're sunk. I have a separate email address just for writing to the government, whether it's local, state, or federal. Needless to say, I get all manner of junk email from them--and rarely an acknowledgement of the reason I wrote in the first place, especially from anyone in New York.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 PM

334 posts, read 1,102,447 times
Funny, I just searched my inbox and all the spam from Mangano is from last year--from 2-3 spams a month it's gone down to 0! (Of course after saying that he's going to start spamming again)

Also I've gotten robocalls from him within the past week--anyone else?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,758,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

You can always block the email address or set your filters to automatically delete it.

As for why you're getting the spam in the first place, if you've ever written to them, you're sunk. I have a separate email address just for writing to the government, whether it's local, state, or federal. Needless to say, I get all manner of junk email from them--and rarely an acknowledgement of the reason I wrote in the first place, especially from anyone in New York.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
The governor, state legislature, and Members of Congress in Virginia were more responsive. Maybe they had better interns. What can you do?

Old 02-07-2012, 01:04 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,716 times
Also wondering why Kate Murray gets to send out political propaganda on the taxpayer dime.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM

57,255 posts, read 26,186,773 times
I received a robo call on yestaday and also a mailing of a 1 page glossy telling me how well he's doing (and the county), I know he needs to keep that $500k of staff busy but political mailings when you are in deficit seem rather destructive, no to mention a waste of paper and time.

Copy of mailing below:

2011 In Review

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,879,879 times
Mangano's campaign slogan was CHANGE right? Well it should've been. Don't cry that nobody's doing anything...

As for the spam, I'm a nassau resident and haven't gotten emails nor robocalls. Go figure.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM

244 posts, read 540,299 times
Quote:

No unsubscribe link.

I've never used that email address for anything but business communication with customers. Just plain weird.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The governor, state legislature, and Members of Congress in Virginia were more responsive. Maybe they had better interns. What can you do?
I have to correct myself, as I've received a letter from my Congressional Representative, Steve Israel, about SOPA. I had written to him about it during the big SOPA/PIPA fight. Sure, it was a form letter and all, but still, it was nice to be acknowledged. Glad he agrees with me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island