Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 PM

100 posts, read 195,205 times

Advertisements

La Cantina (I believe that is the right name) was my mom's favorite mexican rest. We went to look for it but we couldn't find it. I'm trying to find out some info...did it close? did it move? are they still around.

It was located on Pico east of Bundy. Anybody remember it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:10 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,189,154 times
the santa monica border is actually at centinela, so this la cantina restaurant would have been in west LA. there's a couple of mexican places in that area though, don antonio's is one of the better ones.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:07 AM

3 posts, read 6,492 times
Unhappy La Cantina Restaurant on Pico

La Cantina was a family favorite and we were so sad when it closed years ago. The gentleman that owned the business became very old and was not prepared to sell to his staff. It was a cash only business and I am sure hard to keep going once he was in his late 80's or 90's. I took some photo's before it was gone and I will post them when I have them available. Their salad with a simple dressing was delicious. Cotton seed oil, apple cider vinegar and cloves of garlic would marinate for a few days with salt and pepper. It was a head of lettuce and nothing more. Taco's and enchiladas were amazing and when I hit 21, we'd sit in the bar and we could not get a better margarita. Those were the days. It was said he or the staff would try and open a new place, but we never located it. Darn!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2017, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,913 times
I really miss that place. I've been looking for over 40 years for their salsa recipe. Anyone know it? If so, please email me [email]starrgate@aol.com[/email]

Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Another good one on the westside was Tijuana's it had been there many years , they had ladies in the front making handmade tortillas.
It was redeveloped into a Trader Joes

Old 07-24-2017, 08:53 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,652,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another good one on the westside was Tijuana's it had been there many years , they had ladies in the front making handmade tortillas.
It was redeveloped into a Trader Joes
Is that the Trader Joe's on Olympic?

Old 07-24-2017, 11:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Is that the Trader Joe's on Olympic?
Yes it was on Olympic Blvd .

https://www.chowhound.com/post/ackkk...taurant-530065

Old 07-26-2017, 12:12 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereisme View Post
La Cantina was a family favorite and we were so sad when it closed years ago. The gentleman that owned the business became very old and was not prepared to sell to his staff. It was a cash only business and I am sure hard to keep going once he was in his late 80's or 90's. I took some photo's before it was gone and I will post them when I have them available. Their salad with a simple dressing was delicious. Cotton seed oil, apple cider vinegar and cloves of garlic would marinate for a few days with salt and pepper. It was a head of lettuce and nothing more. Taco's and enchiladas were amazing and when I hit 21, we'd sit in the bar and we could not get a better margarita. Those were the days. It was said he or the staff would try and open a new place, but we never located it. Darn!!!!!!!
Gone but definitely not forgotten.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,723 times
La Cantina was the best EVER no doubt our whole family loved that place especially those Tacos OMG to die for. Till this day there is no one that compares. Wish I had the recipe for those taco and the enchiladas were amazing. Bean salsa chips wow sure do miss that place. Years after they closed one on the old cooks from there opened up a tiny Tacos place on pico across the street for the original so for a short time we had those tacos back. I still remember the red booth and tables

Old 08-16-2020, 05:12 AM

335 posts, read 356,339 times
Don Antonio’s is over there and is awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles