Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM

33 posts, read 151,519 times

Advertisements

For the most part, these people HATE "the gringos". Hope your little son knows karate, because the children will pick fights with him at school, as these people come from a "machismo" type of culture, and they are taught from day one that "gringos = ****s". In other words, if you don't fight, you aren't a man.

Not all immigrants pick fights some do and some dont depends on how they are raised. but what i know for sure is that most mexican children are raised
thinking that they have to work in life to get some were. so L.A is not full of just lazy mexicans, because they are not lazy. ( not that i am saying you said there lazy)

what we have to learn, is how to think outside the box
pretend you are an illegal alien but it was not your fault you parents brought you for a better life and you working making money and then this law comes up about illegal aliens then you get fired because of the law
that would suck
so you cant just say immigrants are cousing all the dammage towards L.A
you only say that if you have never done anything wrong
which means never picked on someone in school or littered or broke a law
L.A is actually not a bad place to live yes their is immigrants
but NYc had them puring in at one time Los angeles is having that phase know maybe its for a good reason
what i am trying to say is dont hate a group or a race because you think
there the cause of all of L.As problems because there not

instead of throwing them all out and shuting our broarders lets try to solve it then to avoid it. humans Have survived and solved their problems for thousands of years. We will solve this probelm but dont balme A certain type of human because we are all human we all have feelings
and that whole racial thing we solved that problem many years ago
so lets not be racial mybe we say we are not but we are thinking it

The Government should try to make things better for all humans
brown or white give people a chance to come to this country
not saying to let them all in but to some how give them a chance maybe let them take a test or making them learn english give them hope
because I dont think immigrants are coming to this counrty just to mess it up. i hope you dont take this the wrong way i mean this in a very kind way
we should all learn to love each because logicly thats the right thing to do

Old 09-27-2006, 07:33 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,612,959 times
tanster, although I perceive your kind heart in your statements and applaud you for same, several of your points could be seen as naive, possibly partisan, and seemingly disturbing in their disregard for the laws of this land.

No, the government should not make things better for all humans. Do you know why? Because you and I would have to pay for it. Do you really want to be taxed to fix the entire world? Do you think even if you were Bill Gates, Donald Trump and the entire Walton family rolled into one that you could afford fixing the entire world? How about having each country responsible for its own citizenry? Even Mexico?

I am happy to support services for my fellow citizens with my taxes here, and believe in education for all here. But I am APPALLED to have my taxes supporting services for lawbreakers, with services that I, the citizen, will never recieve. American citizen cancer patients pay, say, $30,000.00 for their treatment at County. Illegals pay $300, according to a recent patient observing things around her.

Were you to substitute the words "bank robber" for "illegal immigrant" in all such statements endeavoring to find a defense for same ("they're just trying to feed their family! They worked hard for that money!") you might see why people outside the Latino community take issue with a personal choice to break the laws of the United States. It's not a question of moral superiority wherein you write "no one who's ever done anything wrong should criticise," since you're speaking of a lifetime of choosing to ignore basic American laws of the land for as long as they can get away with it. That actually is the criminal mindset, come to think of it. Illegal equals illegal.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,198,655 times
Half of all illegal immigrants come from Mexico. The other half come from other places. I read a newspaper article that stated that Brazilians have shown the biggest increase in illegal immigration over the Mexican border in the past three years (and Brazilians are not Hispanic). Illegal Indian immigration is also on the rise.

Most of the illegal immigrants who come here from places other than Mexico actually come on a Visa at first, then don't return to their country when the Visa expires.

Although we have a strong Mexican presence in Southern California, the majority (over 50%) of the Mexicans here are here legally.

I always find it troubling that so many people tend to label people and try to catagorize them. It's like saying "You're a Californian so you are a Liberal Hippie Tree Hugger who wants to raise my taxes and allow gay marriage." We all know that everyone in California isn't like that. It's just a stereotype that has been used and abused over the years.

How can people *know* who the "illegals" are without seeing their papers and checking their status? Just because someone has dark hair and dark eyes and speaks Spanish doesn't mean they are illegal. It doesn't mean they are Mexican or Hispanic either.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 AM

23 posts, read 131,814 times
I hold a 135 IQ. Much of my career has been a great success. I consider myself to be of above average intelligence.

Yet, the illegal immigration situation that I have put up with all throughout my life here in LA, has gotten to me SO bad (mentally), that all I can do is rant and rave like a lunatic.

So I am bowing out of this debate. I am beyond my wits end, much like other Los Angelians.

It is time to move.

Good luck to all who stay behind.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:39 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,102,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by premed429 View Post
It's not going to happen. The illegals have almost the entire Latino community supporting them. Whenever anyone, anywhere says anything about the illegals breaking the law by illegally entering into this country, cries of "Racism" and "xenophobia" soon follow.

Nobody says anything becuase they feel ashamed to stand up for their rights. This is not about race/creed/color/religion, this is about following the laws of this country !!!

They are shaming this entire state under the guise of "racism" and "human rights" in order to get their way.

Nobody is doing a thing about it !!

I find this deplorable.

Call me old fashioned, but my parents raised me to follow the law. Why can't others do the same?

Then I guess LA and other places will become a slum, a ghetto soon. House prices will plummet, all the american citizans will just move out to a better place. If you still live in LA, put your house for sell or walk away from the rent

Old 09-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Then I guess LA and other places will become a slum, a ghetto soon. House prices will plummet, all the american citizans will just move out to a better place. If you still live in LA, put your house for sell or walk away from the rent
I don't believe house prices will plummet in LA, no matter how bad it gets.

1. California is full of liberals....the type of people that really don't care about who their neighbors are.

2. Real estate agents and Hollywood have ingrained the "California Dream" in people. Real estate agents will be quick to capitolize on the fact that:

"Where else can you be at the beach, and in one hour later you can be in the moutains"

LA has it's drawing points.....the same drawing points that brought my parents and assumably most of you here 30 some-odd years ago. But it is the current social problems that not too many non-native Los Angelians know about, that are ruining the perceived quality of life, as compared to the way "things used to be".

3. The media out here is HEAVILY liberal and biased, so dont expect many reports on the degradation of the quality of life out here.

The illegal aliens will breed out of control (as they have been for the past 20 some odd years they have been coming here), and before long, LA will be a predominately Latino area. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but rather, that type of "lifestyle" is just not for me.

Everyone else will not say one word, for their perceived fear of being labeled a "racist".

Nice catch-22, but I'm too smart to fall for that one !!!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:39 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,198,655 times
Quote:
Everyone else will not say one word, for their perceived fear of being labeled a "racist".
Hee! I have a 140 IQ and I don't think that has anything to do with it. Some of us just don't happen to agree with you. We must be liberals!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Hee! I have a 140 IQ and I don't think that has anything to do with it. Some of us just don't happen to agree with you. We must be liberals!
Then God Bless you for thinking that way.

Last edited by premed429; 09-28-2006 at 01:07 PM..

Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM

p.s. this is my last post in these forums.

I am hereby resigning my member**** to "city-data.com".

thanks to all.

<<edit>>

the admins on this forum have blocked out the words s-h-i-p. I was trying to spell m-e-m-b-e-r-s-h-i-p.

wow, just wow.

goodbye for good !!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,102,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by premed429 View Post
I don't believe house prices will plummet in LA, no matter how bad it gets.

1. California is full of liberals....the type of people that really don't care about who their neighbors are.

2. Real estate agents and Hollywood have ingrained the "California Dream" in people. Real estate agents will be quick to capitolize on the fact that:

"Where else can you be at the beach, and in one hour later you can be in the moutains"

LA has it's drawing points.....the same drawing points that brought my parents and assumably most of you here 30 some-odd years ago. But it is the current social problems that not too many non-native Los Angelians know about, that are ruining the perceived quality of life, as compared to the way "things used to be".

3. The media out here is HEAVILY liberal and biased, so dont expect many reports on the degradation of the quality of life out here.

The illegal aliens will breed out of control (as they have been for the past 20 some odd years they have been coming here), and before long, LA will be a predominately Latino area. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but rather, that type of "lifestyle" is just not for me.

Nice catch-22, but I'm too smart to fall for that one !!!

We will miss you! Thanks for explaining this! If someone wanted to move to Cali, any other city besides LA would be better. I hear San Diego is the "best" choice. You can have both beach and mountains in Georgia, Oregon, Washington to name three states. Theres always planes too
Arent the liberals worried about the high crime in LA? Theres many other cities in Cali to chose from!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles