Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 01:04 PM

537 posts, read 448,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I presented validation. Your turn ...

Please elucidate further any outside the guidelines I provided. Of which the jumper at the tv tower was not one.
Again this is what they were saying on ktla the following day it happened.

Many local news televise this stuff.. lots of times its on freeway overpasses and rooftops...

Old 05-15-2016, 01:08 PM

21,788 posts, read 16,451,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianity View Post
Many local news televise this stuff.. lots of times its on freeway overpasses and rooftops...
I asked for validation. You have just repeated what you believe to be true.

I have also covered at a bit of length the difference between news alerts of jumpers on freeways, which impacts public safety at large, and the minimal coverage of a lone, distraught individual whose desperation is not endangering the public, and where informing the public is very likely to result in one kind or another of worsening the situation.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I asked for validation. You have just repeated what you believe to be true.
I just remembered watching that ktla channel the following morning it happened and a couple or one of the reporter and anchor said so about kabc not wanting to show it on their station because of rivals or something.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I just remembered watching that ktla channel the following morning it happened and a couple or one of the reporter and anchor said so about kabc not wanting to show it on their station because of rivals or something.
If you could find a clip or quote, I'd like to see it.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
If you could find a clip or quote, I'd like to see it.
You might have to email them..

Googled it for you: Ktla's Sam Rubin @SamOnTV 8h8 hours ago. STSBTS ... Sam Rubin Retweeted Lily Valdivia ... Now get ready for work w u guy's still @KTLAMorningNews @ MarkKriski ... @SamOnTV I think you shamed KABC into admitting KTLA exists. .... Someone is climbing the iconic KTLA tower in Hollywood.

Last edited by christianity; 05-15-2016 at 01:46 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 02:36 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,202,063 times
I saw it Christianity saw it. When it happened ktla had a camera on the guy and aired the guy on the tower for most of the broadcast. The next day Sam Ruben did a commentary on how other stations wouldn't broadcast it because they're rivals. They did not even tape it and report on it at 11:00 after the guy climbed down which they also showed. I'm tired and bored with talking to a wall and repeating myself. If you don't believe me Christianity and all the ktla viewers I can't help you

Old 05-15-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
It wasn't a crime but last Wed there was a jumper on the ch 5 Ktla tower. Ch 4 2 and 7 wouldn't report on the details at all. They only said there was a disturbance on Hollywood Blvd. They were so worried about the big 5 showed up on their news... I thought it was pretty pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What makes you think they knew more and were keeping the information from the public, or that the cops asked them not to report a jumper because they didn't want everyone within 10 miles to drive out there and watch the guy jump?
Quote:
Because ch 5 reported the next day on the obvious blocking of their tower. They thought it was pathetic too. Whenever there is jumpers on fwys they sure report it quick and even when it ties up entire fwys. And the next day after they guy climbed down not one word from other stations about it.
Quote:
You might have to email them..

Googled it for you: Ktla's Sam Rubin @SamOnTV 8h8 hours ago. STSBTS ... Sam Rubin Retweeted Lily Valdivia ... Now get ready for work w u guy's still @KTLAMorningNews @ MarkKriski ... @SamOnTV I think you shamed KABC into admitting KTLA exists. .... Someone is climbing the iconic KTLA tower in Hollywood.
Quote:
I saw it Christianity saw it. When it happened ktla had a camera on the guy and aired the guy on the tower for most of the broadcast. The next day Sam Ruben did a commentary on how other stations wouldn't broadcast it because they're rivals. They did not even tape it and report on it at 11:00 after the guy climbed down which they also showed. I'm tired and bored with talking to a wall and repeating myself. If you don't believe me Christianity and all the ktla viewers I can't help you
Lmao. Okay you two. I looked it up.

The man wasn't "a jumper." He was just a mentally confused homeless guy who, in his own words, at the time, told police he was just up there "to think".

It was covered by at least some other stations (I read the story by FOX4) and the LA Times.

The comments / tweets about other stations ignoring were, um, ribbing / teasing / jokes?

All media reported the traffic blockage until the man climbed down on his own and was taken for a mental health exam.

This wasn't a jumper / suicide attempt at all. Has nothing to do with any news conspiracy to "black out" coverage.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Lmao. Okay you two. I looked it up.

The man wasn't "a jumper." He was just a mentally confused homeless guy who, in his own words, at the time, told police he was just up there "to think".

It was covered by at least some other stations (I read the story by FOX4) and the LA Times.

The comments / tweets about other stations ignoring were, um, ribbing / teasing / jokes?

All media reported the traffic blockage until the man climbed down on his own and was taken for a mental health exam.

This wasn't a jumper / suicide attempt at all. Has nothing to do with any news conspiracy to "black out" coverage.
Uhhhh... I was talking about ktla and kabc...............

Old 05-15-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
^and a lot of suicide attempts have been televised and aired many times.....
Quote:
Again this is what they were saying on ktla the following day it happened.

Quote:
Uhhhh... I was talking about ktla and kabc...............
I'm not sure at this point what you are trying to get at. My responses to you, and finper were in response to your insistence the incident was a "jumper" / suicide attempt. And that tv covers suicide attempts "all the time". "If it bleeds it leads." Media conspiracies to under-report. These are wrong and conflicting representations of media's coverage.

Journalists, as I demonstrated earlier, are schooled on when and how to cover suicides and when not. This incident wasn't coverage of a suicide attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles