Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 05:52 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,504,434 times

Advertisements

The guy has some balls to list his 'accomplishments'...considering violent crime in L.A is way up and the homeless issue has gotten out of control. Along with a lot of other issues.
Also interesting...no mention of the homeless issue. Wonder why..Even though that's a huge issue in L.A right now.

Remarks as Prepared for Delivery by The Honorable Eric Garcetti

In Los Angeles, we saw too many Americans living in poverty, so we became the biggest city in America to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, inspiring other cities and states to do the same.
This doesn't guarantee that employers will pay $15 hour , and doesn't guarantee that existing employees will keep their jobs

In Los Angeles, we saw too many high school dropouts and too many graduates in debt, so we are making community college free.
I don't know how many won't drop out of college because community college is now free.. Also people tend to value things less when they are 'free' there have always been fee waivers for poor students anyways. Cost is less a factor of students not going to community college versus time. Lot's of dropouts prefer to spend their time having kids usually out of wedlock or spend time doing drugs.

In Los Angeles, we saw too many lives lost to gun violence, so we banned high-capacity magazines and we are taking illegal guns off our streets.
Why did violent crime including MURDERS by gun go up then?

There is more ridiculousness ...I guess he's just trying to make himself look good on a national level like any politician. But anyone from L.A would realize it's a bunch of B.S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 05:57 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,195,994 times
He's got his eyes on being the next Governor so like any politician he's tooting his horn who cares if it's true... Not them

Old 07-28-2016, 07:57 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,694,774 times
He's almost as big of a clown as Jerry Brown with his anthropological global warming nonsense.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:20 AM

6,240 posts, read 3,621,442 times
Lies of epic proportions. Half the city is a dump.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Lies of epic proportions. Half the city is a dump.
Wonder if anyone called him on his B.S

We are also the Hit and Run Capital of the world

Report: Illegal Drivers Behind High Hit-And-Run Rate In LA « CBS Los Angeles

The story that Garcetti and others continue to tell in regards to illegal immigrants just wanting to come here for a better life is also a lie.

"Per the FBI, there were 67,642 murders in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. Per the GAO, criminal aliens committed 25,064 of them. That means they committed 22% to 37% of all murders in the U.S., while being only 3.52% to 8.25% of the population.

Conclusion: criminal and illegal aliens commit murder at much higher rates than all inhabitants of the U.S. – at least 3 to 10 times higher."

Link:
Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

Of course L.A Times or CNN or any other 'politically correct' media outlet will never tell this truth..

Old 07-29-2016, 09:40 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,002,794 times
Don't worry, he'll bring his special brand of leftist regressivism to the Governor seat. Californians will vote for him in mass, and accept all the new taxes and homeless/illegal subsidy programs with a smile. This is the mission of the California leftist voter.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wonder if anyone called him on his B.S

We are also the Hit and Run Capital of the world

Report: Illegal Drivers Behind High Hit-And-Run Rate In LA « CBS Los Angeles

The story that Garcetti and others continue to tell in regards to illegal immigrants just wanting to come here for a better life is also a lie.

"Per the FBI, there were 67,642 murders in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. Per the GAO, criminal aliens committed 25,064 of them. That means they committed 22% to 37% of all murders in the U.S., while being only 3.52% to 8.25% of the population.

Conclusion: criminal and illegal aliens commit murder at much higher rates than all inhabitants of the U.S. – at least 3 to 10 times higher."

Link:
Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

Of course L.A Times or CNN or any other 'politically correct' media outlet will never tell this truth..
I'm glad this article references the General Accounting Office, a non-partisan bunch of government numbers crunchers. It is not Fox News or Breitbart or Drudge, so the open borders crowd can't complain that it's right-wing or has an agenda. And it's crazy to me that people breaking the law were rewarded with drivers licenses. We'll see if the number of hit-and-runs and incidences of drunk driving drop. I know my insurance rates haven't.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Don't worry, he'll bring his special brand of leftist regressivism to the Governor seat. Californians will vote for him in mass, and accept all the new taxes and homeless/illegal subsidy programs with a smile. This is the mission of the California leftist voter.
I think Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom will likely be the next governor. He already declared his candidacy a year ago. I'm not sure there's any difference between him and Garcetti on the issue of homelessness. By all accounts he dropped the ball as mayor of San Francisco.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:58 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,002,794 times
Quote:
I think Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom will likely be the next governor. He already declared his candidacy a year ago. I'm not sure there's any difference between him and Garcetti on the issue of homelessness. By all accounts he dropped the ball as mayor of San Francisco.
Newsom is the favorite, but there's currently a "SoCal leftist" vs "NorCal leftist" rivalry happening in the democrat party in California. Kevin De Leon has governor seat aspirations and has been publicly critical of Newsom. Garcetti, Newsom, and De leon. Talk about having a buffet of choices, and not having an appetite.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I'm glad this article references the General Accounting Office, a non-partisan bunch of government numbers crunchers. It is not Fox News or Breitbart or Drudge, so the open borders crowd can't complain that it's right-wing or has an agenda. And it's crazy to me that people breaking the law were rewarded with drivers licenses. We'll see if the number of hit-and-runs and incidences of drunk driving drop. I know my insurance rates haven't.
We'll see if the campaign against hit and runs that's been rolled out helps or not.

I find it unlikely that a billboard or bus poster telling people to stop if they hit someone will actually stop being from doing hit and runs. Maybe better than nothing?

I mean it should be common sense right? Plus I'm guessing 100% of people that do it realize it's not what they are supposed to do.

LAPD launches campaign aimed at reducing LA's hit-and-run crimes | abc7.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles