Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 12:08 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

Anybody trying to drive through the Westwood area on Wilshire today? Good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 12:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
You can protest , but mess with L.A traffic and you getting handcuffed.

Standing in the middle of the street especially in Westwood where everyone driving around seems frantic and stressed and most drive high powered sports cars .. what could go wrong ?

---

"Police have begun arresting pro-DACA protesters today at the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Veteran Avenue in Westwood, where demonstrators are blocking traffic and calling for an end to deportations and an extension of the DACA program.

There are no reports of any injuries, although some motorists have been attempting to drive through the intersection around the protesters."

Pro-DACA immigration protesters block Westwood intersection – Daily News

Old 10-05-2017, 12:27 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Standing in the middle of the street especially in Westwood where everyone driving around seems frantic and stressed and most drive high powered sports cars .. what could go wrong ?
LOL...yeah...that's a great way to garner public sympathy, isn't it?

Old 10-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Who needs a permit right ? It's just like citizenship papers , unnecessary!
Ahhhh the joys of being a sanctuary city.

"LAPD Capt. Brian Wendling of the West Los Angeles Station said the demonstrators had not obtained a permit for their protest."

"The protesters are “fighting for our right to be human,” one demonstrator told reporters as he stood in the intersection around 10:30 a.m. “… We’re here as refugees from all different parts of the world."

Old 10-05-2017, 09:13 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
We'll stop seeing these kinds of things when ICE shows up with a half dozen buses and starts carting people away.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
I guess there is no chance of them organizing a "Day Without a Dreamer" to show us how horrific life would be without a "dreamer" (you know, because non dreamers don't have dreams too)...I remember the other one and it was great on the roads.

I could use that seeing as I will be in LA tomorrow.

I am completely willing to let them stay but those democrats (and treasonous republicans) need to swallow a wall and border security first.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 10-05-2017 at 09:28 PM..

Old 10-05-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
We'll stop seeing these kinds of things when ICE shows up with a half dozen buses and starts carting people away.
ICE arrested about 100 people in L.A recently...I'm sure they are all just 'hard working immigrants' with hearts of gold.
But, ICE could do that daily and there would still be tons of illegal alien criminals in L.A

As a result of 'sanctuary policies' ICE has to go into the communities instead of just picking up the criminals from jail...how is that good for communities?

It's easy to see how this is not a good situation and is more dangerous for law enforcement and the innocent people that actually live in the neighborhoods ICE has to go into to catch the illegals.

This is common sense.

We have enough U.S born troublemakers we don't need to be importing them from other countries.
---

The agency noted that agents targeted regions "where ICE deportation officers are denied access to jails and prisons to interview suspected immigration violators or jurisdictions where ICE detainers are not honored."
"Sanctuary jurisdictions that do not honor detainers or allow us access to jails and prisons are shielding criminal aliens from immigration enforcement and creating a magnet for illegal immigration," ICE Acting Director Tom Homan said. "As a result, ICE is forced to dedicate more resources to conduct at-large arrests in these communities."

Source: 101 People in the Los Angeles Area Arrested During Nationwide ICE Sweep - NBC 7 San Diego
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

101 People in the Los Angeles Area Arrested During Nationwide ICE Sweep - NBC 7 San Diego

Old 10-06-2017, 02:11 AM

472 posts, read 325,691 times
Shutting down streets. One more reason to deport these people.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:22 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,577 times
Not to mention shutting down streets near Ronald Regan--people trying to get to the hospital!

I'm definitely happy I didn't go to my office yesterday, I would have been stuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles