Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:23 AM

1,156 posts, read 986,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
This is who’s organizing it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Basically anyone you see on the local news wearing all black or otherwise clothed in mostly black.
Yep, funny now how the left finally believes there actually may be Antifa, the ones that have been going around the US for the last 4-5 years especially here in Berkeley, but the media wants to blame the right wingers. Too bad they were wrong, it was all along the alt left. There’s plenty of alt right, but glad to hear the media actually acknowledge this now since it fits their narrative. Of course, not sure I heard the word Antifa come out of their mouths. Only, a bunch of white people from outside the neighborhood or even state for that matter. Bunch of hypocrites.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...29-column.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 11:29 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I am so glad we don't live in the City of LA anymore. We had a brief stint of living near the Beverly Center (maybe a year or a bit more). While we loved the restaurants and neighborhood for what it was, watching the LAPD stand down AGAIN makes me sick. Did they not learn ANYTHING from 1992?

How can LAPD officers stand around while stores are being burned and looted all around them? More to the point, why is LAPD leadership making them stand around?

In 1992 my father and uncles bought guns when they saw what happened in LA (meaning LAPD standing down, Koreatown merchants with guns protecting their neighborhood). The lesson they learned was you can't count on the police to protect you, you have to be prepared to defend yourself.

Anyone else buying guns and ammo when the chance presents itself?
LAPD showing how worthless they are again.

People in Ca looking to buy ammo are out of luck. They’ve been out of stock since the new gun laws and the pandemic. My friends looked to buy ammo when they visited me in Az and Found out consequently Az is low too because so many Californians are driving there to stock up.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
We have a president who thinks nothing of calling peaceful protesters "thugs" and tweets messages that incite violence.
Short memory, eh?

https://reason.com/2020/05/29/and-of...sts-are-thugs/

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_t...g&name=900x900

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...lake/26585143/

Old 05-31-2020, 11:43 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Short memory, eh?
Nah. All 3 of your links are about Obama describing people who looted stores, used violence, and committed arson.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Nah. All 3 of your links are about Obama describing people who looted stores, used violence, and committed arson.
Just like Trump tweeting on Friday after the thugs breached the police station. As I said, short memory.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:31 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,941 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Anyone that supports this is a thug and a criminal. “Rich corporations” employ people who have now lost their jobs thanks to these animals.

It’s a bunch of opportunistic jerks that don’t give a rip about Floyd.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-31-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 12:36 PM

79 posts, read 53,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
This is who’s organizing it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Basically anyone you see on the local news wearing all black or otherwise clothed in mostly black.
Lordy. I watched until midnight the live LA news feeds. Most of the looters looked like ordinary young men who wanted to PROFIT off the protesting. I saw the cops encircle four vans filled with loot, and all the thieves on the ground. These guys are just ordinary punks. They are simply WAR PROFITEERS. My neighbor's daughter works at Von Dutch which was looted and burned down yesterday. She later saw a news feed of one looter running around with a Von Dutch shirt on. He was no member of Antifa.

There may be some antifa folk or white supremacists in these crowds, but the looters were *selective* with their choices of loot. Tennis shoes, atm machine, etc., etc. They will sell these items later and make a profit.
By the way, I saw very few black folk looting.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:39 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,652,632 times
Default Did the National Guard bring tanks?

I'd really like to see an M1A2 up close. Rides would be cool too, but that's probably pushing it. I think they changed their policy on that after the Dukakis thing.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:42 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times

But their actions makes thugs and criminals regardless if they are suburban types. What they did when they started burning cars buildings and looting was criminal. They have the right to protest. Fine protest all you want. It’s your right to voice out against mistreatments or wrongdoings. They dont have the right to loot and burn buildings. A lot of people aren’t there to actually protest and support the tragedy in Minneapolis. They probably could care less about George Floyd. They're there to start trouble.
It’s no better than the idiots going up against the protesters with machetes or bow and arrows.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-31-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 12:45 PM

79 posts, read 53,846 times

Anybody who loots is a thief. I saw a line up of looters handcuffed with zip ties and most of them turned from the camera. Why? Shame and fear that some family member or employer will see their image. I don't care WHERE these people are from and what their social status is. If you have the heart of a thief, you steal things.

I have been through the Watts riot, the LA riot and then this. The same dumb rhetoric is displayed by both sides. It has all been said before from every perspective and angle. Rinse and Repeat.

Peaceful protests are good. Looting and burning is an action done by an adolescent (regardless of his/her age). I think Malcolm X might say that unless you are going to take over a city completely and then rule it, what is the point?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-31-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles