Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 12:46 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Why do they refuse to get vaccinated? It's because right now if they claim exposure to covid they get a 10-14 day paid vacation. That's a sweet deal and vaccination might put an end to it, they certainly don't want to take that chance. It's the same thing with the military, not only do they get a vacation when they claim exposure, per-diem kicks in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 12:52 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Fair enough on the last link.

The NPR article says infections "are far less common in the vaccinated versus unvaccinated."

Anyway, since I keep saying this is about LAPD and people who probably don't even live in LA are coming in to downplay the threat of COVID in general, I'm very close to requesting this thread be locked.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:08 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why do they refuse to get vaccinated? It's because right now if they claim exposure to covid they get a 10-14 day paid vacation. That's a sweet deal and vaccination might put an end to it, they certainly don't want to take that chance. It's the same thing with the military, not only do they get a vacation when they claim exposure, per-diem kicks in.
Cynical and probably true.

I think with the fire department it brings up the point that they live together and therefore being unvaccinated is much too risky. Even cops sharing vehicles might undermine their legal argument that vaccination isn't needed.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Cynical and probably true.

I think with the fire department it brings up the point that they live together and therefore being unvaccinated is much too risky. Even cops sharing vehicles might undermine their legal argument that vaccination isn't needed.
I would think that unvaccinated cops present a danger to the public, their own families and friends, and fellow officers. What possible legal argument can anyone with a job unless it's work from home offer that they don't need to be vaccinated?

And I bet that if they call their bluff very few will quit, they will whine and whimper try to file lawsuits (which they will lose) and then they will get vaccinated.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:27 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Quote:
Can you provide a source where an LAPD officer gets a paid 14 day vacation by being merely exposed to Covid? Can you also provide a source that is the motivation to refusing a covid shot? Also, What scientific data is your assertion based on that being vaccinated prevents you from infection?

Old 09-19-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Can you provide a source where an LAPD officer gets a paid 14 day vacation by being merely exposed to Covid? Can you also provide a source that is the motivation to refusing a covid shot? Also, What scientific data is your assertion based on that being vaccinated prevents you from infection?
silly questions and I won't dignify them with a response. If you're so sure I'm wrong - prove it

Old 09-19-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Fair enough on the last link.

The NPR article says infections "are far less common in the vaccinated versus unvaccinated."

Anyway, since I keep saying this is about LAPD and people who probably don't even live in LA are coming in to downplay the threat of COVID in general, I'm very close to requesting this thread be locked.
The point of my posting a link of the NPR article is to prove to the poster who questioned my source in regards to the CDC not reporting breakthrough cases. It is a fact the CDC stopped recording these cases.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
silly questions and I won't dignify them with a response. If you're so sure I'm wrong - prove it
The burden of proof is on you. You’re making the claim that LAPD cops are refusing the vaccine to get out of work. It’s an absurd claim. Makes you look foolish and in fact demonstrates your character. Either provide a source or you’re projecting.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:35 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...andate-lawsuit

The rate hasn't kept up with the increase in the general population over the summer. Shameful.

It sounds like people trying to join LAPD will have an uphill climb, so at least the city is trying to keep out extremists.
https://www.joinlapd.com/qualifications

extremists if not vaccinated??

This sounds like the common alarmist fear mongerer.

Some people "ignorantly" act as if everyone or every other person, other 500th person, or every 1000th person will die or go into an ICU if a specific person or group is not vaccinated. Seriously? It is not life or death (or hospital icu).

You did notice the riots occurring last summer? People don't care and the common mask people wear is 20% effective. Since Delta is highly contagious yet 1/20th as potent as the first iteration millions have had exposure already and are naturally immune. Also, the constant mutation means it is losing its power. Another immunologist said this.

Most do know thousands of unvaxxed people fly and drive in to LA and adjacent areas each day or week and will continue to.

So ,it's best to be civilized, adjust your mind and simply wake up.

Turn off the news and stay off toxic social media. The TV journalists are getting very good at acting if the minority think this way. Listen up and read. All will be fine with your own common sense safety protocols. Don't worry about other people.

If you must be fearful, read up on studies from Israel, Sweden and others. Sweden went full herd immunity and it was largely a success. One reason is their diet is far better than the typical high fat, high sugar, high sodium diet of Americans.

And no, I am not a complaining do-nothing republican, a trump guy, or a dishonest democrat. Well, both parties are largely dishonest.

Please don't push your beliefs about vaccinating onto others. Our civil rights choice trump OSHA or dictator Biden. Did you know each Pres. since 2000 has violated our constitutional rights?

Last edited by frankrj; 09-19-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-19-2021, 01:38 PM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
You prefer these sources?
Why would anyone prefer a source like this? UKColumn is a strong right-wing biased conspiracy website that frequently promotes false or misleading information.

Regarding your NPR article: no one said that vaccinated people can't transmit the virus. Scroll back. I'll have to read the Atlantic article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles