Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 02:26 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times

Advertisements

$10 dollar Parking to walk a mile up hill to the observatory and then get turned away because myself and my 13 year old didn't have a vaccine card with me this weekend.

I didn't pay the parking at the machine, should I be expecting a fine in the mail? Is it best just to take the bus up?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 06:11 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
That totally s ucks for your 13 year old who Im sure was excited about visiting the Observatory. But I guess you missed the part on the top page of the website in BOLD writing that says you must provide proof of covid vaccine to enter. You should have a copy of your vaccine card on your phone. That would have been sufficient to enter.

https://griffithobservatory.org/visit/

https://griffithobservatory.org/visi...e/#observatory

Old 11-22-2022, 08:09 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Yeah, I hear you. I was pretty vigilant about the vaccine status earlier in the year, but figured the mandates were all in the past for the most part in LA and in the US in general. Guess I still need to stay on top of these things. Apart from the proof of vaccine, I also recently got turned away at the Alamo in Texas for not having made an appointment (although I was able to make one on my phone and get in later that day). Guess the days of just walking into certain free tourist attractions are over, even post pandemic.

Lesson learned for me and anyone that reads this.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:58 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I was pretty vigilant about the vaccine status earlier in the year, but figured the mandates were all in the past for the most part in LA and in the US in general.
I'm really surprised that they would require this for admission. We now know--or have since Omicron, last November--that COVID vaccines don't prevent or slow transmission of the virus; they help prevent serious illness for the person who has taken the vaccines.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:55 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I'm really surprised that they would require this for admission. We now know--or have since Omicron, last November--that COVID vaccines don't prevent or slow transmission of the virus; they help prevent serious illness for the person who has taken the vaccines.
They'll continue telling the lie with their dying breath.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:07 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,300,113 times
There is nothing special inside.

The only interesting thing is a telescope. The last time I was there, the telescope was closed for some reason. I didn't care much.

You can park for free on Fern Dell Rd if you find parking. The trail to the Griffith Observatory is steep there, though. But the park near the road is a nice place to relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: