Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 11:16 PM

18 posts, read 9,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Cheers, man. I like your style

Haha thanks! I appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2023, 11:18 PM

18 posts, read 9,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS414 View Post
I've only been to Orlando once but from what I saw it is light years different than L.A.

My summary of L.A.
Ultra crowded with infuriating traffic.
Really really bad air pollution causing sore throats, irritated eyes, sinus drainage.

Beautiful weather.
Beautiful beaches.
Beautiful women.
Nice views of the San Bernardino mountains, especially from the I.E.
Ridiculous housing costs, gasoline costs and utility costs.
Standoffish people. Hard to make connections.
Anything and everything you would ever want to do available.
Venice Beach Boardwalk.

Beautiful Women and weather is what I like the most. I Will Weigh the pros and the cons once I get there haha. Can't Wait to go to Venice beach!! Have always Wanted to go there!!

Old 09-22-2023, 08:15 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,152,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARO656 View Post
Thanks. Im just going to ignore all his posts though. Some people are born losers. He has nothing better to do and probably lives a sad boring life. These people like to pretend they are the smartest people in the world but as you said if he was he wouldn't be on here attacking complete strangers just asking for advice. He knows nothing about me and assumes im uneducated but in the grand scheme of things if we were in the same room together I would 99 percent likely make him look retarded lmao. Thanks for the support there are kind people left in this world.
I only have that which you've shown everyone of yourself to go on. And what you've shown of yourself lends itself to an inevitable conclusion.

Old 09-22-2023, 06:36 PM

982 posts, read 539,238 times
Quote:
Beautiful Women and weather is what I like the most. I Will Weigh the pros and the cons once I get there haha. Can't Wait to go to Venice beach!! Have always Wanted to go there!!
Yeah, lots of attractive women but you will have plenty of competition since there are a lot of fit/ripped attractive men in L.A., more so closer to the coast then in Riverside and the I.E.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:47 AM

136 posts, read 123,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
I don't know where to begin. First of all, remember you are AMERICAN. Hispanic is only your ETHNICITY like mine is Greek, or someone else's Italian, German, French etc. It's not even a RACE that's what politicans made up for votes.

Esp if you arent fluent in Spanish. And just because you might appear "Spanish" doesn't mean you have to make it your EVERYTHING in terms of friends, jobs, social life, hobbies etc. What the hell. My Greek family could pass and couldn't care less about Spanish people's acceptance.

Stay off Reddit except to read recommendations and research.

STOP hanging out at properties you don't belong at WTF.

Yes Miami calls you a tourist if you aren't speaking Spanish. Orlando is fully Hispanic'ed too but they're not obnoxious about it like Miami.

You can visit the Miami forum here to learn things. Like years ago I got educated to the ridiculous levels of colorism and racism in the Hispanic community. At the time Mexicans were the low men on the totem pole. IME they are sweet and kind IN FLORIDA (if not in gangs)

I totally recommend VISITING LA and see if that suits you. You can post on the LA forum here for some guidance. Slow down with the CAPSLOCK.

But if you think people in Miami are Uppity what do you think you'll get in LA in terms of nightlife etc?

There is WAY WAY WAY more to do out there and not pigeon hole yourself esp if you can work and get a decent car.

The outdoor life and ride up and down the Calif coast is A M A Z I N G. I'm not exaggerating to say YOUR WHOLE LIFE CAN CHANGE when you get exposed to all that's there including like, Oregon, Washington, The Redwoods The desert, driving to Vegas quickly etc.

You know you don't have to FORCE yourself into some predetermined stereotype of Hispanic you only think that because you're surrounded in Orlando.

Can you do the Sharks rumble dance from West Side Story? NO hahaha

BUT there are around 3-4 Million Mexicans vs. 50K Puerto Ricans in LA. Just saying.
Hispanic isn't an ethnicity. You can be Hispanic and look/be completely white, or black, or asian, or mestizo. Also, stop referring people as "Spanish" just because they speak Spanish. You are Spanish when you are from Spain or your parents came from Spain. People from Puerto Rico or Mexico or anywhere in Latin America are not Spanish. It's like someone referring to an American or Canadian as "English" because they speak English. This is basic.

Your Greek family doesn't care about "Spanish" people's acceptance. Do they live in Spain? Probably not. You should just put Hispanic instead of Spanish, these two aren't interchangeable and do not mean the same thing. Spanish = from Spain. Hispanic = people that speak Spanish regardless of race/ethnicity.

Last edited by TripleSec; 09-23-2023 at 11:06 AM..

Old 09-23-2023, 12:23 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Dining and Dashing is Stealing and me hanging out at a hotel pool isn't stealing many of these hotels have very nice restaurants and places to eat where you can be at the hotel even if your not a guest. We Would simply just purchase something if it came to that. Again Stealing from a restaurant is not the same as hanging out at a pool with your friends lol
Just be careful in the pools. A surfer jumped the fence into our hot tub (condo) and the police came and took him away in handcuffs. That was in CA.

Often the server gets stuck with the bill in a dine-dash scenario. You want the poor server paying for your food? (not you, OP)

You ought to drive that fine car cross-country! I've done coast-to-coast twice by car, and it was so much fun. See the whole country!

You sound like you have the energy and vibe for L.A. Go for it. You're young, you have time. Do it now while you can.

Old 11-05-2023, 07:10 PM

159 posts, read 124,985 times
LA has its pros weather beach mountains and its cons traffic crime smog flaky people etc. I think its expensive and overpriced. Remember this. If you don't have a sizable income you're most likely going to live in a sketchy area with crime. This could really complicate your life. My brother lived in Venice he got mugged twice and hit with a pipe for his wallet. Venice is not good deal if your thinking about moving to Venice. Downtown LA I knew someone who lived near CRYPTO , it was pretty nice. There were some homeless people around on the streets but other than that it was alright I guess.

Last edited by sidneyinmyeyes34; 11-05-2023 at 08:13 PM..

Old 11-06-2023, 09:42 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,967,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS414 View Post
I've only been to Orlando once but from what I saw it is light years different than L.A.

My summary of L.A.
Ultra crowded with infuriating traffic.
Really really bad air pollution causing sore throats, irritated eyes, sinus drainage.

Beautiful weather.
Beautiful beaches.
Beautiful women.
Nice views of the San Bernardino mountains, especially from the I.E.
Ridiculous housing costs, gasoline costs and utility costs.
Standoffish people. Hard to make connections.
Anything and everything you would ever want to do available.
Venice Beach Boardwalk.
One more thing to add to your list, "beautiful men too".

Old 11-09-2023, 04:48 PM

0 posts, read 9,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Trespassing is petty crime. It's not a big deal, but it is something that can end up with the cops questioning you and even taking you back to the precinct. Why risk having your name in a police report or linked to a charge for something so silly.

It reminds me of a guy I worked with who had a nice white collar job, with a decent enough salary that he could own a townhouse and a brand new SUV, who told me that nevertheless he and his friends do 'dine and dash' all the time at restaurants. The man was a father of a child, and it's incredibly reckless to risk being charged with theft or fraud just to get a free meal that you could easily afford. I thought it reflected very poorly on him and made him look very immature.
This is true. I was staying at a nice hotel in Palm Springs several years ago for a convention. I didn't drink then and the convention crowd was quite a bit older than me, so I didn't hit the lobby bar or mingle. I became bored sitting in my room at night, and began walking the premises. That got the attention of security; they contacted me leaving the hotel and asked me for a room key.

I stayed in the room after that except for the sessions.

That behavior (using facilities as a non-guest) might fly in Orlando, but not in southern California.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:04 PM

612 posts, read 351,705 times
The governance is really bad.

It's very resilient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles