Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 5,114 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to louisville this summer and wanted to get some recommendations for some apartments. I wanted to stay west of the airport and wanted to be within 15 minutes of bardstown rd and the 264. My budget is around 600/month and wanted something safe and clean. Also, any suggestions on which neighborhoods in the area are better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 PM

10 posts, read 15,897 times
Rolling Hills might be your best bet. That's where I've been for 2 years. It's around $675 and the safest and best value I've found. it's off of Westport and about 15-20 minutes from Bardstown and 264.

I'd absolutely avoid Chestnut Ridge in j-town. We had a horrendous personal experience.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 AM

7,075 posts, read 16,778,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1azzz View Post
I'm moving to louisville this summer and wanted to get some recommendations for some apartments. I wanted to stay west of the airport and wanted to be within 15 minutes of bardstown rd and the 264. My budget is around 600/month and wanted something safe and clean. Also, any suggestions on which neighborhoods in the area are better?
This is your best option, west of the airport anyways:

HOUSE - NEWLY REMODLED - 2BR HOUSE - GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD

The house looks great for the price, and it is in Beechmont, which is one of the safer and best areas in South Louisville/West Louisville. (west of airport).

I would jump on that as it shouldn't last at that price being recently remodeled.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 AM

Oops I meant east of the airport!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,271 times
I registered just to disagree about rolling hills. I lived there over 3 years. Unless you enjoy car breakins, constant loud neighbors who get the cops called on them, etc. If you do drugs there's sure to be someone in your building who sells, so that could be a plus.
I hope you like water leaks in your ceiling. Had about 1 every 6 months.
Hope you dont like your food. Fridge crapped out every 15 months.
If water in your ceiling isnt your thing, maybe your upstairs neighbors sewage in your sink is?
It was really fun when they jackhammered that trench the length of the apartment to repair it. I almost wished for the sewage back that week.
The windows are from the 70s (like everything else) so you'll have plenty of white noise from Westport road to help you sleep.
My ac bill in my 1 br apartment there was higher than my bill in my current 5 br house with twice as many occupants. So expect that. Also my water bill was mysteriously high bc they aren't metered individually.

No w/d hookups in my apt. But hey the office has 2 washing machines that work sometimes.

But id say they're on par with any other east end apartment in the $600s.

Find a roommate and go more upscale.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Which neighborhoods are better? I'm trying to limit the search when I look online but I'm not sure which neighborhoods are decent.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Which neighborhoods are better? I'm trying to limit the search when I look online but I'm not sure which neighborhoods are decent.
Almost the whole city is fine outside a few parts of West Louisville. You need to tell us more about yourself first. Age? Job? Job location? Where will you move from? Married? Have kids? Do you like to walk to things or do you like quiet suburbs? Are you a foodie, artist, or musician?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,059,291 times
Country Acres is a very well-managed property to check out. It is on Breckinridge Lane near Bardstown Rd. If they don't have anything available, inquire if they have anything available in their other properties around town.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:44 AM

I'm moving out there by myself for school. I'm 24. Not married and no kids. The school is on bardstown and 264 and would like to stay somewhat close to that but wouldn't mind a little bit of a drive for a nice quiet neighborhood.

What's considered west louisville? West of the airport?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I'm moving out there by myself for school. I'm 24. Not married and no kids. The school is on bardstown and 264 and would like to stay somewhat close to that but wouldn't mind a little bit of a drive for a nice quiet neighborhood.

What's considered west louisville? West of the airport?
So, Sullivan University is a great school. Your best bet is to stay further north off Bardstown, in the Highlands section of town. Search craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area