Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 12:06 AM

19 posts, read 27,481 times

Advertisements

@Craigcreek,

Pocket money 300 for the child, includes everything (clothes, toys, shoes, and socks) all that she needs from shopping.

How much do you suggest to put for utilities ? and utilities like what?

@electrician4you,

I asked to negotiate the salary, and let us see. because I understood that the contribution of the medical insurance is very high almost 500 to 600 a month which is very high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrashed View Post
@Craigcreek,

Pocket money 300 for the child, includes everything (clothes, toys, shoes, and socks) all that she needs from shopping.

How much do you suggest to put for utilities ? and utilities like what?

@electrician4you,

I asked to negotiate the salary, and let us see. because I understood that the contribution of the medical insurance is very high almost 500 to 600 a month which is very high.
It’s not very high, it’s average:
Quote:
The increased cost of health insurance is a central fact in any discussion of health policy and health delivery. Annual premiums reached $18,764 for 2017, up 3 percent from 2015 for an average family coverage with workers on average paying $5,714 towards the cost of their coverage.*

Health Insurance: Premiums and Increases
Welcome to the United States.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:49 AM

Thank you very much.

Anybody knows how the taxes can be calculated for 2 adult and one child with salary 72000 per year. I would like to know much net salary will I get for my family.

I have noticed that for a family there's something called standard deduction which means; deduct the insurance amount which will be 5300$ then 12000$ fixed amount then 4000$ per person in the family so 4000$X3=12000$ so total deduction will be 5300+12000+12000=29300$ accordingly the tax will be calculated on the rest of my gross salary 43500$ (72000-29300) assume it 25% so 43500X0.75=32625$, then I will add 12000+12000+32625=56625$.

So 56625 will be my net salary per year, AM I right or there is different calculation ??

In addition to that, I heard there is something called Child credit which means if you have a baby or child you get 1000$ per year is that right?

Another question do child take credit amount for learning as well?

Thanks again for cooperation and information

Last edited by Wrashed; 09-09-2018 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: adding

Old 09-09-2018, 05:31 AM

115 posts, read 146,274 times
Quote:
Thank you very much.

Anybody knows how the taxes can be calculated for 2 adult and one child with salary 72000 per year. I would like to know much net salary will I get for my family.

I have noticed that for a family there's something called standard deduction which means; deduct the insurance amount which will be 5300$ then 12000$ fixed amount then 4000$ per person in the family so 4000$X3=12000$ so total deduction will be 5300+12000+12000=29300$ accordingly the tax will be calculated on the rest of my gross salary 43500$ (72000-29300) assume it 25% so 43500X0.75=32625$, then I will add 12000+12000+32625=56625$.

So 56625 will be my net salary per year, AM I right or there is different calculation ??

In addition to that, I heard there is something called Child credit which means if you have a baby or child you get 1000$ per year is that right?

Another question do child take credit amount for learning as well?

Thanks again for cooperation and information

Actually it should be less than 25% if you are able to file jointly (or even singly) since your income doesn't put you in a 25% tax bracket at all. You'd pay 10% on the first ~19k and then 12% on the rest up to ~$77% if you file jointly. Also Kentucky has an income tax ranging from 2% to 6% so add that in too. Someone may correct me but depending on your visa, most foreign residents are exempt from social security and medicare too so you don't have to worry about that. Here are the tax brackets:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxe...-tax-brackets/

Old 09-16-2018, 02:26 AM

Thanks to everyone so much for the great information.

I checked the website and I think everything clear now for me regarding taxes.

I need a help and information regarding choosing a very safe, good and decent neighborhood near the work location or in the area to live in. ( My work in bellemeade hurstbourne area and wildwood douglass hills area, are they good areas to live).

Also what about racism in the area, I'm so afraid about it especially I have my wife and my kid.

Thanks.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:36 AM

Thank you very much for your information, I really appreciate.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks to everyone so much for the great information.

I checked the website and I think everything clear now for me regarding taxes.

I need a help and information regarding choosing a very safe, good and decent neighborhood near the work location or in the area to live in. ( My work in bellemeade hurstbourne area and wildwood douglass hills area, are they good areas to live).

Also what about racism in the area, I'm so afraid about it especially I have my wife and my kid.

Thanks.

Any of those areas around there would be good. You wouldn't need to be very concerned with racism in that area; it's not super diverse but there are many people of a lot of different backgrounds around there. Are you Indian by chance? There are some communities with a lot of Indian people around town on the East side, and there's even a website for the Indian community in Louisville: Louisville Indian Community, Louisville Desi, Louisville, KY Indians

Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 AM

@Cubedeathk,

Thank you for your response, But I'm not Indian, I'm Arab. Is there any racism to Arab in that area or in Louisville in general??

are their Arab community as well?

Could you please suggest me some good places to live which are very safe and very friendly neighborhood.

Thanks.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
@Cubedeathk,

Thank you for your response, But I'm not Indian, I'm Arab. Is there any racism to Arab in that area or in Louisville in general??

are their Arab community as well?

Could you please suggest me some good places to live which are very safe and very friendly neighborhood.

Thanks.

In my not super informed experience, there's a few places where there are a lot of Arab people. There's a small community on the South Side of town where there's just a lot of immigrants in general, in particular Vietnamese. Then there's also another possibly larger community in Beuchel, where the cities best Arab grocery is, and even an Islamic School, as well as many Muslim Bosnians and Kosovars. Of course neither of these sound like good fits for where you'd like to live, and they're lower income than it sounds like you'll be making, but good to know to check out the grocery and community, and I wouldn't say any of those areas are unsafe at all. Then finally there's a number of more wealthy Arab people who live on the East and Northeast sides of town, though they aren't really concentrated anywhere in particular. There's even a Lebanese American Country Club and another Islamic school on Westport Road. Louisville Lebanese Country Club - Lebanese American Country Club I can't really recommend any neighborhoods out there so hopefully someone else will chime in with something more specific, but those are where you'll find the most Arabs. If you're just looking north of I-64 you really can't go wrong though from what it sounds like you're looking for.

I wouldn't say that racist incidents never happen, but the city is pretty cosmopolitan and the conservatives are largely the suburban type as opposed to the type you might encounter outside of the city, and even there it's pretty unlikely, so you don't have to be very concerned with encountering racism on any sort of a regular basis.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubedeathk View Post
Actually it should be less than 25% if you are able to file jointly (or even singly) since your income doesn't put you in a 25% tax bracket at all. You'd pay 10% on the first ~19k and then 12% on the rest up to ~$77% if you file jointly. Also Kentucky has an income tax ranging from 2% to 6% so add that in too. Someone may correct me but depending on your visa, most foreign residents are exempt from social security and medicare too so you don't have to worry about that. Here are the tax brackets:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxe...-tax-brackets/

Hi again,

Hope everything is going well, I have a question about most foreign residents are exempt from social security and medicare tax what does it means, so i will not paying those taxes and will be only federal and state taxes ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area