Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2023, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,402 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, this has been bothering me for a while, i've tried DNA testing, 23&me, ancestry, familytree and etc.

I'm looking for a Male in his late 50's that was possibly born in Louisville, Ky. His mother would be young around 16-17yrs of age at the time of birth and there would be no father in the picture. I have no last name for the mother as our father has memory issues and can't remember a whole lot.

Your mother would've been from Covington, Ky at the time and may have had to move abruptly.

If anyone has any advice or know someone who may match this description please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 01:30 PM

14,783 posts, read 8,115,126 times
I can understand your desperation and how badly you want to find your brother, but the odds are like that of finding a needle in a haystack in finding him....and that he would be on this forum at this time, and even recognize that you are talking about him....I do wish you good luck though.

You might want to check out a group called DNA Angels, they are a group of Genealogists that help people find lost relatives, due to adoptions, etc. for charity.

https://www.dnangels.org/

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 04-03-2023 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-03-2023, 03:09 PM

14,783 posts, read 8,115,126 times
^If you did a DNA Test at Ancestry or My Heritage, they should be coming up with some sort of hints of DNA relatives to give you more info/hints.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:42 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,882,400 times
You might drop by the Genealogy forum here on CD. I haven't been on the forum much, but there seems to be a hand full of people that appear to be very experienced in situations like you mentioned. At any rate, in my opinion, it's better than the results you will get here.

Good luck!

Old 04-04-2023, 10:41 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
Also, the forum on City Data for People Search. There are some really talented and wonderful people on that forum. I have been following it for years and am amazed at their accomplishments.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: