Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 04:13 AM

5,293 posts, read 6,054,135 times

Advertisements

https://louisvilledowntown.org/devel...tatus=underway

While I was trying to research a couple construction projects I was curious about I came across this map that shows construction projects in and near downtown that I thought was cool. If you find any articles about upcoming or ongoing constructions projects feel free to post. I'm still struggling to find the best source for stuff like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2023, 10:15 AM

6 posts, read 3,715 times
Hello, I am new member this site, I want know abt Louisville development project they don’t have demo project, snice LPMD torn down til end of October I hope development demo projects new skyline site. I remember went Museum plaza years ago and capitol plaza 25 story project was cancelled because there economic development has fail project..

Old 11-06-2023, 04:06 PM

18 posts, read 12,889 times
There’s a major development in the planning phase of the riverfront

Old 11-06-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyguy50 View Post
There are west waterfront developments projected phase2 or phase 3 add of park and playground, aslo downtown need more affordable housing project development tho processing a lot. The LPMD already torn down hope downtown site skyline

Old 11-07-2023, 11:54 AM

5,293 posts, read 6,054,135 times
Quote:
What does it involve? It's an economic development a la big time construction? Or is it a public development a la major parks and infrastructure shake up?

Old 11-07-2023, 02:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
The formerly vacant Jeff Boat Site is also going to be massively redeveloped as well on the river with a lot of mixed-use development and more housing. The mayor over there has certainly made everything look ugly with all the extreme overdevelopment.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:03 PM

Default Downtown Louisville needs more affordable housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIl-Taz View Post
There are west waterfront developments projected phase2 or phase 3 add of park and playground, aslo downtown need more affordable housing project development tho processing a lot. The LPMD already torn down hope downtown site skyline
I agree 100% that Louisville is lagging behind other peer cities with more affordable housing in the downtown area. I own real-estate up in Indy and their downtown has the same issue as do many cities but there’s a huge effort to change that. Lots of major apartment developments all around the downtown core. The Eleven Park is a very impressive project that’s going to be a game changer for their city as well as a noticeable change to their current skyline.

Old 11-08-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I agree 100% that Louisville is lagging behind other peer cities with more affordable housing in the downtown area. I own real-estate up in Indy and their downtown has the same issue as do many cities but there’s a huge effort to change that. Lots of major apartment developments all around the downtown core. The Eleven Park is a very impressive project that’s going to be a game changer for their city as well as a noticeable change to their current skyline.
I feel u, 100% American cities as issues developing affordable housing development, all cities has empty offices space and affordable housing snice Covid-19’s impact they don’t have enough money development projects like Louisville downtown they have low rise more affordable house snice museum plaza 61story skyscrapers has fail economy I hope Downtown develop site?

Old 11-09-2023, 09:18 PM

Default Louisville affordable housing issue

Louisville has the same unique oppertunity as other cities but only if the city capitalize on it now. There’s plenty of empty office space and older buildings that could be redeveloped. Louisville has a beautiful old bone architecture about it that the city should build more off of. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to build 40-60 story towers. Louisville missed its opportunity for that, those days are gone and more feasible and sustainable developments that fits Louisville makes sense now. Louisville shouldn’t try to compete with other cities just to look like a cookie cutter version of another peer city but go with a more unique look that says Louisville. When visitors visit the city, they should feel like there in a place that’s unique to only itself and not a knock off of every other city. I agree with you 100%

Old 11-10-2023, 07:35 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Louisville has the same unique oppertunity as other cities but only if the city capitalize on it now. There’s plenty of empty office space and older buildings that could be redeveloped. Louisville has a beautiful old bone architecture about it that the city should build more off of. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to build 40-60 story towers. Louisville missed its opportunity for that, those days are gone and more feasible and sustainable developments that fits Louisville makes sense now. Louisville shouldn’t try to compete with other cities just to look like a cookie cutter version of another peer city but go with a more unique look that says Louisville. When visitors visit the city, they should feel like there in a place that’s unique to only itself and not a knock off of every other city. I agree with you 100%
Amen to this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: