Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM

13 posts, read 51,735 times

Advertisements

Here is a great way to fix that problem of people being rude, etc, etc. The way to fix it is to let one person kill one person once every 5 years. So next time before someone cusses you out or cuts you off on the highway, they will think, has he killed his one yet??? I dont know if he has or not, better not do that.

Perfect way to fix the problem, and yes I know because I have posted this I will get hate mail and it will start some controversy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM

250 posts, read 563,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Louisville does have a lot of rude, unfriendly and standoffish folks. I went to college there for 3.5 years--and went back to visit just tonight. Boy, do I have some stories...

It's without a doubt the most unfriendly place I've ever lived.
What? Rude folks you mean. Well, no city has perfect folks so please do expect some rude folks to be their best sometimes. You did school there 3.5yrs and never had anything better to say about the city that educated you. Please!!!! What happen to your 0.5 college yrs. Hope you pushed through with summer classes to get the hell out of Louisville.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinda94 View Post
What? Rude folks you mean. Well, no city has perfect folks so please do expect some rude folks to be their best sometimes. You did school there 3.5yrs and never had anything better to say about the city that educated you. Please!!!! What happen to your 0.5 college yrs. Hope you pushed through with summer classes to get the hell out of Louisville.
I live in Cincinnati now. No, it's not perfect, and yes some of the people are unfriendly...but 80% of the people I've met so far have been friendly and helpful. That is part of living in a city, it seems to be more of a magnet for angry and depressed people, but for the most part the folks are normal and just trying to make a living.

The people I've met at my new workplace all seem great, I have some good neighbors, the folks at the public library were very friendly, and some neighborhood folks will even nod their heads or say "how's it going" when walking by. Seldom did I encounter and receive any of that in Louisville.

Oh, and so far, as service industries go, clerks and waiters will thank you for your business in Cincy. Try getting that in Louisville, except maybe 25% of the time...just in my experience.

Louisville is a great city that is really beautiful, and I could live in the Highlands or Crescent Hill, but so far I already think I'm going to like Cincinnati 100x better.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 06-03-2009 at 06:17 PM..

Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,086,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I live in Cincinnati now. No, it's not perfect, and yes some of the people are unfriendly...but 80% of the people I've met so far have been friendly and helpful. That is part of living in a city, it seems to be more of a magnet for angry and depressed people, but for the most part the folks are normal and just trying to make a living.

The people I've met at my new workplace all seem great, I have some good neighbors, the folks at the public library were very friendly, and some neighborhood folks will even nod their heads or say "how's it going" when walking by. Seldom did I encounter and receive any of that in Louisville.

Oh, and so far, as service industries go, clerks and waiters will thank you for your business in Cincy. Try getting that in Louisville, except maybe 25% of the time...just in my experience.

Louisville is a great city that is really beautiful, and I could live in the Highlands or Crescent Hill, but so far I already think I'm going to like Cincinnati 100x better.
Though I am glad you are enjoying your experience in Cinci, I can't tell you how wrong you are about Louisville as a whole. The area I live in is nothing like you described. My neighbors all wave or say hello as they pass. One neighbor saw me struggling with my lawnmower, came over and cut all my grass for me. Though there are exceptions, I have had nothing but good service here. People go out of their way to serve you and heck even the teens at fast food places call me ma'am and ask me to have a nice day. I don't know where you lived that everyone was so disgruntled but you absolutely cannot paint the whole city with the same brush.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Though I am glad you are enjoying your experience in Cinci, I can't tell you how wrong you are about Louisville as a whole. The area I live in is nothing like you described. My neighbors all wave or say hello as they pass. One neighbor saw me struggling with my lawnmower, came over and cut all my grass for me. Though there are exceptions, I have had nothing but good service here. People go out of their way to serve you and heck even the teens at fast food places call me ma'am and ask me to have a nice day. I don't know where you lived that everyone was so disgruntled but you absolutely cannot paint the whole city with the same brush.
Where do you live? I was thinking the Dixie Highway corridor. I MUST admit...that was THE one area of Louisville (other than the actual "West End") that I did not really get to during my time in Louisville.

There's only one way to find out for myself...visit SW Jefferson County. And you're right, I probably shouldn't paint all of Louisville with a broad stroke (although it's hard not to); Jefferson Co. alone is 400 sq. miles with 90 different suburban communities outside the old city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area