Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM

83 posts, read 318,146 times

Advertisements

I believe the area we were looking at was on Hillview Ave, just off Dixie Highway. I think it is just south of Crums Lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM

14 posts, read 53,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natewood3 View Post
I believe the area we were looking at was on Hillview Ave, just off Dixie Highway. I think it is just south of Crums Lane.
I have a sheriff friend that lives off of Crums lane and the only reason he has had a problem is because of what he does for a living, I would suggest looking at this website.

LouisvilleKy.gov - Metro Police - Metro Police

Then click on use metro watch and you can view crime in that area.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,956 times
Thumbs up Gang activity?

Sounds like Gang activity is generally very low in comparison to a lot of similar and larger metro areas. Nothing like LA or Phoenix. Low income housing unfornately also brings in the rif raf sometimes too.

Largest problem currently in CA is in the Palmdale/Lancaster area of So. Cal. This is a high desert community that built up super-fast in the 80's as a option to those who wanted a larger home in a perceived nicer area than they could afford normally, yet still commutable [1-2 hrs!] to employment in the San Fernando/Los Angeles area. A lot of families who were living in the "gang-land" areas metro moved out to these outlining areas hoping to give there kids a better chance. Unfortunately it brought the gangs out to the area too. In fact now that area is considered the largest "gang" area in CA with over 80 different type gang groups. I know this since my brother has worked gang detail and is now a Sergeant of the LA Sheriff's Dept out of Lancaster station.

My worry is that if your "small" problem is not addressed now, it could later become a larger problem like it has in that area. Comes down to proper law enforcement, local activities, housing market stabilization, economics, ect. Have also read about a few incidents of these "types" venturing out into the "high-end" areas like areas off the 42 in Oldham County and commiting a crime. Luckily rare, but could grow if not handled now. Where I live currently in Thousand Oaks, Ca, we occasionally get crime from gangs out of the Oxnard, Ca. area. No place is completely safe, but we try! Sounds like the Louisville PD is doing a good job so far. Anybody have any stats on how much is spent on law/fire enforcement of the cities income? Just curious. I believe for a city to stay safe, it must spend over 1/2 of it's revenue on police and fire. Thousand Oaks, CA which is ranked in the top 5 safest cities in the USA for population in the 100,000 zone spends almost 70% of its revenue on those services. It shows. A safer city also means a better city to do business in and live in or nearby, so it all goes around. Enough of my rambling, you get the point.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:27 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
To me, gangs are a problem when people are getting shot for wearing the wrong colored clothing in a certain area. I have never heard of anything like that happening in Louisville. 99% of murders here are drug related or domestic violence.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,771 times
Here in SA gangs are now bumping into cars in the streets and when you get out to take the other drivers info the shoot you. At least this was on the news. They said they did this to join the gang or something which is stupid. I think I almost became a victim to this but right when the wreck happen a police happen to drive by and arrested the other driver. Luckily no damage happen to the truck so it's all good. I guess you can say I got luck.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,956 times
Thumbs up Gang activity comment

Census Data, remember drug related crimes a lot of times are tied up with gangs too. Glad to hear gangs are not the norm over there.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 AM

221 posts, read 752,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
Here in SA gangs are now bumping into cars in the streets and when you get out to take the other drivers info the shoot you. At least this was on the news. They said they did this to join the gang or something which is stupid. I think I almost became a victim to this but right when the wreck happen a police happen to drive by and arrested the other driver. Luckily no damage happen to the truck so it's all good. I guess you can say I got luck.

I'd say! Glad you're still with us.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,886 times
well hows this i can tell you that i grew up in lexington and as an inactive gang member myself i can say that lexington does have gangs but u stay out of our neck of the woods and we ju might stay out of yours..

Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 PM

114 posts, read 243,853 times
No graffiti, I am very, very impressed.
I work in housing in an inner city area and I honestly wish I could say the same as you people on here. Well done.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM

83 posts, read 318,146 times
English Liz,

Are you saying there is no graffiti in Louisville? I am confused by your post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area