Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:59 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times

Advertisements

I think it's on Broad cove, near Bremen and Medomak. More of an "area" than an actual town.

crabapple cove, maine - Google Maps

Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I think it's on Broad cove, near Bremen and Medomak. More of an "area" than an actual town.

crabapple cove, maine - Google Maps
i found this on a search,

Richard Hooker, the author of the book that M*A*S*H was based off of, settled down in Maine after his tour in Korea. Although he was born in Trenton, New Jersey, Hooker apparently prefers Maine since he moved there in his adulthood. Hooker based his character Hawkeye Pierce on himself, which is probably why Hawkeye is from Maine

Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,960 times
I'm an Angela Lansbury fan and enjoy watching Murder She Wrote.
I've always liked Tom Bosley too, but his "Maine" accent makes me cringe. A very odd amalgamation of I don't know what There certainly are differences in Maine accents from the coast to the mountains, so perhaps Tom got a bit confused trying to settle on just one

Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 13,179 times
Where the Heck is Cabot Cove, Maine? According to Down East Magazine's article "Where's Cabot Cove?" in the August 1999 issue, "Jessica Fletcher's hometown sure looked a lot like Mendocino, California ... even if it was meant to be Boothbay Harbor." Well, Down East should know these things!In the series Cabot Cove's exact location on the Maine coast was never fixed, and it tended to shift around according to the writers' whims, kind of like a modern day Brigadoon. Hints are sprinkled throughout the episodes set in Maine - a mention of how long it takes to drive to Portland, for instance, or the mileage between it and New York City. One episode even briefly shows a sign post grouping Cabot Cove with the names of several other real towns in Maine.It should be remembered, though, that these details were generated by people in living in California, not Maine, and as such they can't reasonably be used as a map. Besides, hardly any of these hints agree with each other anyway - a little continuity flaw that is best overlooked.Another hint can be found in Martin Gottfried's authorized biography of Angela Lansbury, Balancing Act. There in Chapter 18 it is stated that the producers based Cabot Cove on the real town of Castine, Maine. This is all well and good, but I've been to Castine, home of the Maine Maritime Academy, and this town, which has a very strong identity of its own, doens't much resemble the Cabot Cove of Murder, She Wrote.Thus, we turn to the wisdom of Down East and its claim that Cabot Cove is Boothbay Harbor, a town of similar size and character. I think Down East has got it right, but decide for yourself: below are images of both Mendocino, California (Cabot Cove's stand-in) and Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM

3 posts, read 12,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopdreamer View Post
Can anyone tell me does Cabot Cove exist? if it does, what is the real name of the town?
Murder She Wrote was filmed in Mendocino, California. Some of the shots that were filmed in the Hotel there was actually filmed at the beautiful HILL HOUSE and Inn in the series it was named HILL HOUSE of Cabot Cove. There is a sign outside of the Hill House in Mendocino that has Cabot Cove on it in California. What a beautiful spot to choose to film this series. Majestic. Absolutly beautiful.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
I think this record is broken.....

Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 9,324 times
lookikng for name of song played on muder she wrote on story muder in tempo 12 season of show.The singer gets killed.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,744 times
Google

Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I think this record is broken.....

Time to change the tunes in juke box
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine