Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times

Advertisements

No wind farms, solar collectors, tidal power, dams, nuclear power, coal plants, oil plants,shale, biomass boilers,trash to energy plants,geo thermal,natural gas plants,oil drilling,mining,tree harvesting,or any other ways to supply energy should be allowed in Maine....ever. Lets go back to whale oil and candles!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,467,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
no wind farms, solar collectors, tidal power, dams, nuclear power, coal plants, oil plants,shale, biomass boilers,trash to energy plants,geo thermal,natural gas plants,oil drilling,mining,tree harvesting,or any other ways to supply energy should be allowed in maine....ever. Lets go back to whale oil and candles!

:d:d:d:d

Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
No wind farms, solar collectors, tidal power, dams, nuclear power, coal plants, oil plants,shale, biomass boilers,trash to energy plants,geo thermal,natural gas plants,oil drilling,mining,tree harvesting,or any other ways to supply energy should be allowed in Maine....ever. Lets go back to whale oil and candles!
that would be awsome. what gets me is some one is allways going to be there whineing about some thing.wind power is clean so they gota look at it so it spoils their view they have to hear a small noise.keep burning oil ,or coal,wood,and see how their view gets the ozone isnt going to last forever.sure it might not happen in their life time but what about their kids or their grand kids.they would rather have their view or their quiet then a future for their kids and other generations.selfish.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:11 AM

467 posts, read 1,125,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
that would be awsome. what gets me is some one is allways going to be there whineing about some thing.wind power is clean so they gota look at it so it spoils their view they have to hear a small noise.keep burning oil ,or coal,wood,and see how their view gets the ozone isnt going to last forever.sure it might not happen in their life time but what about their kids or their grand kids.they would rather have their view or their quiet then a future for their kids and other generations.selfish.
humanity as a collective has been very selfish with our natural resources, so that's why we now have to endure an unslightly array of man made
structures that obliterate our views. I'm just saying....

Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
Some see mankind's triumphs as "unsightly". Most of us see them as engineering marvels and things of beauty.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Some see mankind's triumphs as "unsightly". Most of us see them as engineering marvels and things of beauty.
I indeed see them as engineering marvels, but not really things of
beauty compared to our God given treasures -- I vote for offshore!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:46 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post
Everytime I think this thread has died the death it needs to die, up it comes again.

Reloop,
Lets say it's more than four, maybe 20 even though I doubt you could find that many against the Mars Hill windfarm. That leaves about 1980 people that supported it out of the population of Mars Hill. There were multiple informational meetings on this project, and the majority ruled.

Robwall02,
It's been three years since the windmills were put on the mountain. I contend that a bigger tragedy that has happened in Aroostook County, and that includes Mars Hill, is that land is bought up by folks that don't live here. The Mahew place awaits you. Meantime it sits there waiting. Brush is probably overtaking the fields cleared with hard manual labor. No children living there are attending the schools in the community. The grocery stores haven't sold you many groceries in the past three years I'm thinking. I know I'm sounding harsh, but this is the problem Aroostook County faces. You haven't been here for three years, yet the windfarm is so obnoxious that you may never return...and those 1980 folks that determined it was a good thing for the community are uninformed and sold out the dream for a wilderness getaway that you had envisioned.
I won't check in for a few days so take at it and tell me how evil and selfish I am...read the whole thread, I've been called selfish before but that doesn't change the way I see the real problem with the windfarm. I know of only two locals in Mars Hill who oppose the windfarm. I doesn't strengthen your argument that you haven't been there in three years while your land awaits you. I don't see you having a dog in the fight. There are plenty of folks who will gladly purchase your land if the price is right.
wow!

Let me just say I would like to bookmark this post and QUOTE IT every single time this damn thread comes up. I would like to say that you took the words right out of my mouth, but you stated everything MUCH better than I would have with the steam coming out of my ears.

Add to it Ranger's insights.... and dare I say enough is enough.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
wow!

Let me just say I would like to bookmark this post and QUOTE IT every single time this damn thread comes up. I would like to say that you took the words right out of my mouth, but you stated everything MUCH better than I would have with the steam coming out of my ears.

Add to it Ranger's insights.... and dare I say enough is enough.
LOL! So I guess you're saying you're seeing alot of dead horses being beaten.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
yup this thred has out lived its usefullness.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,428,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine